Blackfynn is looking for a talented product designer to join our growing design team. We’re a group of engineers, scientists, clinicians, designers and business minds tackling tough problems at the intersection of big data, research, analysis and visualization. We’re looking for driven people to help us in our mission to accelerate cures for neurologic disease.
As a member of the design team you will have a profound impact on the products we create at Blackfynn. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the product design process end-to-end: from researching, to implementation and beyond.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on all aspects of product design from ideation to visual design and everything in between.
- Partner with designers, developers, product managers and external partners to translate business requirements in order to optimize the user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, scientists, clinicians and engineers to ensure designs are feasible, scalable and executed correctly.
- Work closely with the design and product teams to create new features and improve the experience of our products.
- Help to develop UI standards and best practices for user experience and ensure that our products adhere to Blackfynn’s Cajal Design System.
- Participate in usability testing with other members of our team and our external partners.
- Translate requirements into beautiful, functional, intuitive interface designs and interactive prototypes.
- Report directly to our VP of Product Experience.
- You’re a strong design generalist that loves to dig in to all aspects of design. You’re passionate about UX, love a beautiful UI and don’t shy away from working in Illustrator to create an icon from time to time.
- You feel passionately about creating outstanding experiences and will happily advocate for the needs of our users.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and the changes that might occur during a project lifecycle in a startup environment.
- You have experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast.
- You’re passionate about learning new things and helping people.
- 6+ years of product design experience.
- Experience designing for enterprise, B2B or SaaS products and services.
- Portfolio and work samples that display user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, sketches to mid-fidelity interactions and clickable prototypes.
- Resume and cover letter.
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and conceptual ideas.
- Experience working in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in a fast paced, cross-functional environment.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to follow through on decisions.
- Experience working across multiple projects at once.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms.
- Ability to time-manage and meet deadlines.
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salaries and equity participation – we all share in Blackfynn’s success
- Generous vacation benefits – we want you to work hard but also rest and recharge
- Excellent health benefits – at the end of the day, we are here to improve healthcare
Neurologic conditions affect one in six people worldwide. The data collected when research and treating these conditions is some of the most complex in the field today. To improve the lives of those impacted, access to and collaboration around this data needs to be vastly improved. To achieve these goals, we need passionate, bright, collaborative, problem-solvers who want to use their skills and talents to make a positive impact on the world.
For more information, please contact us at: Apply Now