Mariana Tek is revolutionizing the fitness industry by building the next generation in online reservation management, class scheduling, and point-of-sale software. We are looking for a Back End Engineer who is excited about the challenge of building and scaling our platform, creating a solid web API that can be easily integrated, and disrupting the current marketplace. You will be a critical part of a smart and disciplined team responsible for developing the Mariana platform serving millions of customers. Our team comes with extensive experience in building products for the fitness industry, and places a strong focus on innovation and automation. You will play a substantial role in making our product best-of-breed as we go up against major industry players.
– Work with technologies such as Python, Django, Redis, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, AWS, Docker, and more
– Write lots of tests! It helps us to identify when we break things, when we push bad changes, or when we just plain make mistakes. We spend a lot of time writing and running tests and we’ll want you to do the same.
– Ensure maintainability of code – we like to put in the effort up front to prevent us from having to do more work later
– Peer review pull requests with constructive feedback
– Take part in an on-call rotation to help fight fires and outages
– An appreciation for the power of automation and a desire to make machines do as much of your job as possible
– Strong communication skills – we’re a highly collaborative team and have a strong commitment to documentation
– Take part in and collaborate on our workflow. We do such things as 2-week sprints, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
What we’re like
We’re a small, close knit team working out of downtown DC. We take pride in our product – fast, beautiful software – and in our team – we’re diverse, inclusive, and nice.
We work hard but have busy personal lives as well – we’ve got 6 kids, 6 dogs, 6 cats, a horse, a rabbit, a turtle, a hardcore band and a crabcake blog to take care of.
We’re hoping to grow our team by hiring smart, kind, enthusiastic folks. We’re not saving the world, but we are working together to build a product that we’re proud of.
We value our employees in many ways, including providing a robust benefits package that includes:
– Competitive salaries
– Stock options – having equity in the company enables the entire team to share in ownership and success
– Health, dental and vision insurance – premiums are fully paid for employees and heavily subsidized for dependents
– 401k with company match
– Three weeks of vacation, federal holidays, and sick time
– Life insurance and disability benefits
– Generous parental leave
– Smartbenefits for pre-tax allocations to Metro expenses, and Lyfts when you’re working late
– Employee referral program
– Weekly staff lunches, coffees, and in office snacks
Mariana Tek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly