Audacy’s Platform Services team is looking for an innovative, results-oriented, and highly-collaborative Lead for the Data Backplane group to drive the design and development of our Data Backplane with a focus on building a highly scalable, reliable, and easy to use platform. The Lead Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring team members.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is passionate about creating effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products, and backend services that are capable of evolving rapidly. We are looking for someone with experience in AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Node. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $130,000-$150,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving multiple teams across the company
- Assist with vendor evaluation, comparative analysis, and management
- Architect, prototype and develop features for our Data Backplane platform
- Evangelize Event-Driven Architecture (Pub/Sub)
- Building packages, services, and frameworks in support of other Audacy development teams
- Support and mentor other members of the team
- Deliver high-quality maintainable code
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- Oversee technical delivery from onshore, offshore, and nearshore consulting teams
- Review work produced by consulting companies
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
More About You:
- 8+ years of engineering experience as the back-end or full-stack developer
- 2+ years of experience working with Kafka
- Experience implementing Event-Driven architecture
- Deep understanding of Kafka clusters, partitions, and topics
- Working experience scaling topics and partitions
- Experience using KStreams and ksqlDB
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across environments and juggle many large initiatives with tight timelines
- Hands-on experience building end-to-end software infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Testing, Logging, Monitoring
- Experience writing NodeJS applications, PostgreSQL, XML, HTML, JSON
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiar with traditional Agile methodologies: such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience with Confluent Kafka
- Experience with implementing APM
What are some ways Audacy recognizes, rewards and elevates successful employees?
As a large company, we are always looking for ways to highlight our individual team members. Our “Chairman’s Circle” recognizes the top-performing revenue generators across the organization. “Audacy Rewards” enables anyone in the organization to celebrate a colleague who exhibits behaviors associated with our values of Community, Curiosity, Creativity and Courage. The announcement goes out to the entire company and employees receive points which can be redeemed for prizes or merchandise. “Winning@Work” is another way team members are celebrated. Audacy gives away trips to our major events to internal contest winners. What is Audacy’s approach to work-life balance?
We have an enormous amount of compassion and empathy for people’s personal lives. We prioritize employee wellness and building a realistic work-life balance. Anyone can go to their manager to discuss their needs, address any issues or ask for help prioritizing their workload. It is a very safe environment in which to ask for what you need in order to thrive. Managers are not tracking your hours, it’s about getting your work done and being productive. We trust our teams to be present and accomplish a lot, but we also trust them to take as much time as they need to have a successful home life. We believe that if you’re not taking care of yourself first, then you can’t do your job well, and it’s important that we strike that balance. What social responsibility initiatives is Audacy involved with?
We unite with our team, listeners and clients to create positive impact through Audacy Serves and our six specific pillars of commitment: ● Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ● Mental Health ● Civic Education ● The Environment ● Children’s Health ● Veterans & Service Members We use our voice to raise awareness of social issues, bringing communities together for good. See how in our 2021 Social Impact Report
. Who are you seeking to hire in 2022?
Currently, we are scaling our digital content and podcast teams. We’re looking for exceptional talent with diverse backgrounds of lived experiences who can add unique perspectives, creativity and leadership. We have openings across the following teams: ● Engineering ● Ad sales and marketing ● Business development ● Analytics ● Product Management ● Product marketing