Audacy is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio delivered to 170 million listeners each month.
What it’s like to work on this team:
The ideal candidate is passionate about building effective, high-quality, innovative, scalable products and services. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery. You’ll get the chance to own and contribute to multiple core functionalities and capabilities and be a driving force behind our evolution as a digital streaming company.
We are developers and we understand what developers need. We’ll provide you with a work environment where collaboration is encouraged but you’re not bombarded with superfluous interruptions. We have highly encouraged quiet times each afternoon so that everyone can focus without worrying they’re missing anything. We work in modern agile feature teams that self-organize and work together to build great software. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute new ideas, learn new technologies, and build new features. Our friendly code reviews make us all better and you get to be a part of that by both reviewing code and having yours reviewed. We have fun doing what we do, and you will too.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based & remote individuals expressing interest in this position is $115,000-$125,000. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
- Translate complex requirements to simple code
- Write fast, efficient code with an eye for keeping response time low
- Help to provide an accurate timeline and scoping estimations on engineering projects
- Keep up on cutting edge software trends and cloud-based solutions
- Follow engineering best practices and participate in code reviews
- Participate in project scoping, resource planning, and timeline estimation
- Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
- Additional duties as needed
More About You:
- Isn’t afraid to learn new or old technologies
- Have built production front end systems
- Aren’t afraid to own greenfield or brownfield projects
- Wants to grow, learn, and improve
- Immediately get the debugger working when introduced to a new project
- React is life. Life is React. But other technologies are cool, too
- Knows enough about redux and sagas to prefer something else
- Knows the difference between use Callback and use Memo
- Has seen why avoiding re-renders is important to performance
- Have built something that failed and learned from it
- Knows that SOLID is a thing and what it involves
- Uses unit tests because they make code better and development faster
- Understands a webpack.config.js and has seen one go horribly wrong
What are some ways Audacy recognizes, rewards and elevates successful employees?
As a large company, we are always looking for ways to highlight our individual team members. Our “Chairman’s Circle” recognizes the top-performing revenue generators across the organization. “Audacy Rewards” enables anyone in the organization to celebrate a colleague who exhibits behaviors associated with our values of Community, Curiosity, Creativity and Courage. The announcement goes out to the entire company and employees receive points which can be redeemed for prizes or merchandise. “Winning@Work” is another way team members are celebrated. Audacy gives away trips to our major events to internal contest winners. What is Audacy’s approach to work-life balance?
We have an enormous amount of compassion and empathy for people’s personal lives. We prioritize employee wellness and building a realistic work-life balance. Anyone can go to their manager to discuss their needs, address any issues or ask for help prioritizing their workload. It is a very safe environment in which to ask for what you need in order to thrive. Managers are not tracking your hours, it’s about getting your work done and being productive. We trust our teams to be present and accomplish a lot, but we also trust them to take as much time as they need to have a successful home life. We believe that if you’re not taking care of yourself first, then you can’t do your job well, and it’s important that we strike that balance. What social responsibility initiatives is Audacy involved with?
We unite with our team, listeners and clients to create positive impact through Audacy Serves and our six specific pillars of commitment: ● Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ● Mental Health ● Civic Education ● The Environment ● Children’s Health ● Veterans & Service Members We use our voice to raise awareness of social issues, bringing communities together for good. See how in our 2021 Social Impact Report
. Who are you seeking to hire in 2022?
Currently, we are scaling our digital content and podcast teams. We’re looking for exceptional talent with diverse backgrounds of lived experiences who can add unique perspectives, creativity and leadership. We have openings across the following teams: ● Engineering ● Ad sales and marketing ● Business development ● Analytics ● Product Management ● Product marketing