The Archer Group is looking for an Associate Business Analyst with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent web design and development projects. You’ll join an established and collaborative business analysis team that works to bridge the gap between client needs and a developed solution.
In this position you will create functional project requirements, develop documentation for business and technical teams, work with cross-functional project teams to design a solution, and see projects through to release. The Associate Business Analyst is expected to analyze a given business problem or need, produce requirements that clearly communicate the desired solution, and work to ensure the entire project team understands those requirements.
This is a job for a BA with a passion for digital marketing, internet-based products, user experience, and evolving technology. Our ideal candidate is curious and able to ask the right questions, can quickly decipher complex subjects and clearly explain them to others, and is flexible enough to respond to project changes in our dynamic environment.
Experience in web design and development, marketing, e-commerce, or client-based work is strongly preferred.
- Understand clients’ industries, markets, business model, and needs
- Create and maintain project requirements, functional specifications, process diagrams, and other documentation as needed to clarify requirements
- Take ownership of the quality and accuracy of the requirements, resolving any requirement conflicts and discussing changes and decisions with the project team
- Collaborate with user research, user experience, and design teams to create solutions for business requirements
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to assure complete understanding of requirements and support these teams in their ongoing effort to deliver the full scope of the defined requirements
- Serve as the liaison between the development resources and the client acting as the client’s proxy by answering business questions and resolving related issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Create end-user documentation or perform training as needed
- Perform root cause analyses on incidents with technology, systems, and processes
- Maintain standards for use of Confluence and JIRA
- Maintain business process documentation for both client and internal company processes
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 0-4 years of experience within a digital product company, agency, or similar client services-oriented environment
- Experience with digital products, gathering requirements, creating functional specifications, use cases, and process flow diagrams preferred
- Excellent presentation, communication, and technical writing skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills with ability to influence diverse resources, cross-functional teams, and third-party partners
- Ability to easily work with everyone from designers to tech developers to content strategists across all levels of the company
- Strong knowledge of web development process and technologies
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a drive to take initiative and find an answer
- Analytical and quick thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully navigate between several projects with different teams at once
Archer is the largest independent digital agency in the region with a deep and diverse client roster that runs the gamut from Fortune 500s to local non-profits.
We work to find needles in the digital haystack—and help our clients tell stories, and create experiences, that stand out in this cluttered, frenetic environment.