Full time, on-site in Philadelphia
About the position
An agile project manager at PromptWorks is an integral part of the project team to collect and manage business requirements, collaborate with engineers to translate business requirements into a technical backlog, manage the pace of work, communicate with our clients, and provide a high level of customer satisfaction. Using Agile best practices and techniques, project managers clarify product vision for our clients, bring out the best in our software engineering teams, and help improve our internal processes. Our project managers are the friendly, competent, smart, and proactive face of the company to clients.
As a small organization, your experience and input are invaluable. We’ll look to you to drive the evolution of our software development process and methodology. We’d love you to help us effectively utilize unallocated time to advance company projects and to seek training on project management methodologies, product management and business analysis. There are many opportunities for you to take ownership of initiatives and have a voice in shaping the company.
Project management responsibilities:
- Facilitate discovery sessions and Agile ceremonies with clients and staff.
- Turn clients’ big ideas into actionable stories in collaboration with engineers.
- Develop process flows and review wireframes with clients.
- Work with clients to set milestone dates and coordinate public releases.
Account management responsibilities:
- Look for new and expanded sales opportunities with clients.
- Champion client vision and priorities day-to-day.
- Regularly check in with clients on high-level aspects of the project (personnel, budget, overall satisfaction).
- Educate clients on our software development process, our Agile practices, and the nature of software.
- Help clients understand how the development strategy aligns with their desired outcomes.
- Support the sales team by gathering requirements and winnowing the client’s project to a granular, estimateable scope in collaboration with the sales and engineering team.
- Support project health both for clients and the development team.
Desired Candidate Experience
- 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Working with an Agile software development team in a consulting environment
- Shepherding a product from ideation to production
- Leading and collaborating with a diverse array of personalities and expertly facilitating communication, managing expectations, and resolving conflict
- Gathering high-level business requirements and working with a development team to translate ideas into actionable user stories
- Fluency in technical concepts, vocabulary, and trends in the tech industry
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
PromptWorks builds web applications and mobile apps in Center City, Philadelphia. We pride ourselves on software quality, agile development, and rapid iteration.