Member-based networking group Women in Digital has chapters all over the country, including an active Philadelphia chapter that debuted earlier this year during Philly Tech Week 2018 Presented by Comcast.
For Delaware Innovation Week 2018, the organization will have its Delaware debut featuring special guest Alaina Shearer, who founded the organization in Columbus, Ohio in 2016. There will be an open-to-all meeting at The Mill from 6 – 8 p.m., where women in Delaware can learn about the perks of membership, and meet some of the local women who are making it happen in the First State, including organizer Collie Turner, CMO of the Delaware-based Tapp Network and VP of WiD Philly.
The group will celebrate its first meeting by joining a larger event, formally known as Tapp Network presents: 1st Annual Women in Innovation & Technology Day, known as #DEWITech on social.)
Starting at 3 p.m. at The Mill, you can meet Delaware women from all walks of life making a difference, whether as an entrepreneur, a creative or a tech professional (or a combination.)
The event will begin with five 10-minute talks by:
- Joani DiCampli, Founder Boobalicious
- Gayle Dillman, Co-Owner, Gable Music Ventures LLC, Founder The LadyBug Music Festival
- Amira Idris, CEO and Founder, TheraV
- Cat Lindroth, Co-Founder of Social Contract and SummerCollab
- Christina Pellicane, Director of Commercialization Programs for the Horn Entrepreneurship Center at the University of Delaware
At 4 p.m., Technical.ly Delaware lead reporter Holly Quinn (oh hey that’s me) will moderate a panel of youth making an impact in Delaware, featuring:
- Deborah Olatunji, Youth Board Member, GripTape
- Dorcas Olatunji, aspiring attorney and developer of the ActivelyCommuting Together app
- Megan Chen, entrepreneur, Founder of Re-Feeding America, Author of Finding Tiger
- Riya Setty, entrepreneur founder of Girls in STEM program
After the panel at 5 p.m., take a break with Happy Hour sponsored by WhyFly, TrafficCast, The Mill and The Ladybug Festival, featuring live music by The Outcalls and a marketplace of woman entrepreneurs, including Michelle Kinsman, author of The Real World Feminist Handbook: Practical Advice on How to Find, Win & Kick Ass at Your First Job.
The WiD Open Meeting will take place from 6 – 8 p.m. In addition to meeting Shearer and seeing how a typical meeting works, there will be a panel, featuring:
- Mona Parikh, Managing Director, Start It Up Delaware
- Holly Quinn, Lead Reporter, Technical.ly Delaware (yup, me again!)
- Jocelyn Harper, Full Stack Engineer, Capital One
- Catherine Burch, Innovation Center Director, The Health & Technology Innovation Center at Christiana Care
This event is free and open to the community; all are welcome to the pre-meeting festivities regardless of gender.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.