OK, let’s get the important stuff out of the way:
- What: Philly Tech Week 2016 Signature Event
- Wait, what? It’s a huge cocktail party and tech expo and dance party
- Where: URBN HQ, The Navy Yard
- Some office? No way! It’s a former drydock reimagined as an amazing (and amazingly large) place to congregate
- When: Friday, May 6 from 6:30-10 p.m.
- Price: $40 ($50 on the day of the event, though)
- Why? To celebrate another year of innovation in the Philadelphia technology community; to cap off Philly Tech Week 2016 in style
Last year we did this at Comcast and it was a great time for sure, but this year will be what you always wanted from a 1,000-person cocktail reception.
- a room-sized virtual reality experience from VRPhilly
- an 84-inch touchscreen TV from Planar Systems
- a Photobot 3000 photo booth
- real-time DNA testing from Biomeme
- locally produced video games from Grimm Bros
- 3D printing from NextFab
- hacker projects from Hive76
- fun pics from Cipher Prime’s light selfie booth — complete with IRL photo prints
- automated drone stuff from Verge Aero
- the funky sounds of DJ Case Bloom
- a #PTW16 snapchat filter to jazz up your selfies!
(If you have something extraordinarily cool that people can play with and is built in the Philly area, hit us up, and let’s talk.)
Oh, in addition to hobnobbing with Philly’s tech elite and playing with cool stuff, your $40 ticket will also get you an open bar provided by Philly favorites Yards Brewing and Dock Street Brewery plus light refreshments. After May 5, tickets go up to $50, which we still think is a darn good deal.