If living through the past 18 months of the pandemic taught us anything, it’s that collaboration with like-minded folks and supporting one’s community have never been more important. Startup Grind, the largest global community and network of startup founders, innovators, investors, and creators, was no different in taking to heart this lesson.
Its community proves the old notion that, together, entrepreneurs everywhere are stronger.
It is with this in mind that Startup Grind’s local Maryland chapters of Columbia, Frederick, and Baltimore are collaborating, sharing resources and programming to benefit the entire Maryland ecosystem promoting entrepreneurship, while bringing all of the Startup Grind global resources and capabilities to the region. This formal merging of strengths will help the group accomplish its overall goal of changing the world, one entrepreneur at a time.
As a result of Startup Grind’s continuously evolving relationship with Maryland early-stage technology agency TEDCO, Startup Grind’s Maryland chapters have been hard at work crafting a 2022 plan. With a move back to in-person events, the introduction of hybrid offerings, and continuation of virtual-only founders focused sessions in order to better unite and drive value to start ups everywhere, the team is looking forward to reshaping the group into a whole state approach.
“If we’ve learned one thing throughout the past 18 months of hosting virtual events, it’s that people are still eager to connect.” said Chris Haug, director of the Startup Grind Columbia chapter. “We, being my fellow directors of the other Maryland chapters, recognized that we can do a much better job of providing support, connections, and inspiration if we pool our resources.”
This new collaboration, which also includes Frederick Director Jerry Bory, Baltimore Director Jeff Freedman, and Columbia Co-Director Sean Sutherland, will officially kick off later this month. On September 28, Startup Grind Maryland is organizing the Startup Showcase and Party at the Maryland Innovation Center, which reopened earlier this summer in Columbia after its own pandemic hiatus.
We recognized that we can do a much better job of providing support, connections, and inspiration if we pool our resources.
The Startup Showcase will be the first event hosted under the new chapter partnership, and seeks to feature startups from all of the main innovation hubs across the state. Moving forward, all events traditionally hosted by the individual chapters will still run. But they’ll be organized collectively, in an effort to connect all of the entrepreneurship power this state has to offer.
“To be honest, I was really jealous of Philly Startup Leaders.” said Sean Sutherland, co-director of Startup Grind Columbia. “Uniting the resources, talent, and funding resources that exist within this state has been a dream of mine since I landed in the area and I’m happy to see Startup Grind take this necessary step.”
Aside from pitch presentations from area startups, the event will also be the kickoff to introduce the TEDCO partnership and offer plenty of opportunities to network with entrepreneurial powerhouses from around the state. Light hors d’oeuvres will be served, as well as some non-alcoholic beverages.
Attendees to the event will be required to wear a mask unless eating or drinking. The early bird rate to purchase tickets for the Startup Showcase and Party ends on September 18.
Follow the link below for ticket info:
Here’s a look at the 12 startups that will be presenting at the event:
- NeuroSonics Medical allows enhanced flexibility for more customized and personalized neurosurgical treatments.
- Tetragram provides thorough cataloging and research as to the most effective, for you, strains of cannabis.
- Omnisensing Photonics develops innovative, customer-focused photonics sensing solutions and products for various scientific and industrial applications.
- Bleed Freeze assists people in confidently taking control in the treatment of nosebleeds anywhere.
- Kyndoo offers a robust, transparent relationship for influencers and groups seeking to hire influencers.
- Prothymos Technologies specializes in manufacturing and distribution of immersive movie and video gaming technologies.
- Pet Connect Business bridges the communication gap between service providers and pet parents by making it easier to integrate digital solutions into their client experience.
- Cide Kic: Designed for chefs by chefs, a digital platform that provides true visibility into kitchen workflows.
- Mindgrub Ventures helps technology-driven startups grow through partnerships and product design expertise.
- CarrTech LLC simplifies the process of injecting medication, thereby reducing the number of needle stick injuries worldwide.
- JMakes3D supports entrepreneurs and inventors from invention to functional prototypes.
- TotalCare provides virtual, scheduled appointments to healthcare providers and their patients.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.