The Delaware Financial Literacy Education Fund (FLEF), now in its 10th year, has awarded a total of $365,000 to 23 Delaware nonprofits for 2019 to support financial literacy programs. The money is derived from a license fee charged to businesses that make high-cost payday and car title loans.
The awarded programs will teach people of all ages how to balance personal finances, build savings and prepare for homeownership, with an emphasis on supporting members of the military, single parents, seniors and minority communities.
“Financial literacy is a key pillar of stable and prosperous communities where families are empowered to pursue their dreams,” said Secretary of State Jeff Bullock in a statement. “In no small way, Delaware’s future and the strength of our economy is tied to financial literacy, and I want to thank all the organizations who will use FLEF grant funds to help secure that future.”
The awardees are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware — $20,000
- Community Integrated Services — $15,000
- DE Center for Enterprise Development (Delaware State University) — $15,000
- Delaware Community Reinvestment Action Council — $25,000
- Delaware Council on Economic Ed (University of Delaware) — $20,000
- Delaware Guidance Services — $5,000
- Delaware Multicultural & Civic Organization — $5,000
- Elizabeth W. Murphey School — $15,000
- First State Community Action Agency — $15,000
- Girls Inc. of Delaware — $15,000
- Housing Opportunities of Northern DE — $15,000
- Interfaith Community Housing — $ 20,000
- Junior Achievement of Delaware, Inc. — $25,000
- Kalmar Nyckel Foundation — $5,000
- Latin American Community Center — $10,000
- NCALL — $20,000
- Nehemiah Gateway — $10,000
- Neighborhood House, Inc. — $15,000
- Opportunity Center, Inc. — $20,000
- Sussex County Habitat for Humanity — $20,000
- University of Delaware 4-H — $5,000
- West End Neighborhood House, Inc. — $25,000
- YWCA Delaware, Inc. — $25,000
For guidelines, application forms and more information about FLEF grants, click here.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.