Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
The beauty of a summer BBQ at a block party, like most worthy things in life, is how all of the ingredients work together.
To make it worth the sunburn, you’ve got to have potato salad, mac and cheese, some baked beans, cornbread, a refreshing fruit salad and some melt-in-your-mouth, fresh-off-the-grill burgers… and the list goes on. Add in a water-spouting fire hydrant on the corner and you’ve got yourself a perfect Philly afternoon.
Hungry yet? Us too. Let’s chow down on a buffet of the best Philly and Delaware tech jobs we could find.
Forward-thinking companies want to ramp up their hiring of underrepresented technologists. But where do they start? Check out these case studies of Philly-based Linode & Azavea and DE’s Zip Code Wilmington for some guidance.
Speaking of DE, one summer STEM program is getting kids interested in all of the engineering and science that goes into a sole (that is, a shoe’s sole). The Forum to Advance Minorities in Engineering (FAME) first launched in 2019.
- Perpay wants you to know the company is searching for a Manager of Strategic Analytics (and more):
- Drop a pin at Azavea, where the socially minded GIS whizzes work:
- Take the fast track upwards and onwards at Pinnacle 21:
- Vanguard is expanding its ranks with savvy technologists like you:
- You know it’s a Philly company when they tout free parking as a perk. Get that and more as a .NET Developer — Business Applications Specialist at PGW.
- SCH Academy is seeking a New Media Teacher.
- Manage the wealth management companies as Janney Montgomery Scott’s Client Experience Strategist.
- Oncora is actually trying to cure cancer (or at least use machine learning to accurately predict oncology outcomes for patients). Help them out as a Full-Stack Software Engineer.
One perk of these fully remote tech opportunities? Backyard BBQs during your lunch break:
- Ruby on Rails or Elixir Developer at SmartLogic
- Senior Scala Software Engineer at 47 Degrees
- Senior Software Engineer at cloudtamer.io
Save us a plate, would you? Be back next week.-30-