Occasional Shark Matt Higgins and Delaware-born country music star Jimmie Allen are among the keynote speakers already onboard with Wilmington’s Millennial Summit, aka #MILLSUMMIT 2021, which returns for a virtual three-day event from Aug. 2 through 4. The career-building event will feature a new Personal Development track this year.
All of the details haven’t been released yet, but here are a few of the confirmed panels and workshops so far:
- “How to Deal with Difficult People” with Connie Charles, founder of iMap Strategic Solutions
- “JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Be the Force — Conversations About Race,” moderated by Dr. Adrienne Bey and Josh Simpson of the YWCA
- “The Funding Landscape in a Post-COVID Cultural Sector,” moderated by Jessica Ball of the Delaware Arts Alliance
- “How to Start a Startup with Just an Idea” with Chris Joyce, founder and CEO of Gusher
- “How to Find a Mentor so Your Career Can Soar” with Michael Cox, VP and global head of talent at Boeing
- “Through the Creator’s Lens: Elevating Black Voices in Entertainment” (panelists TBA)
Though #MILLSUMMIT 2021 is virtual, there will be an in-person networking component on Wednesday, Aug. 4, at the Wilmington Blue Rocks stadium starting at 7 p.m., coinciding with the game that evening.
Tickets for #MILLSUMMIT are $50 per day, with a $79 three-day pass available through June 14. If you can’t afford tickets, you may be eligible to attend at no cost through the #MILLUMMIT Pay It Forward program. For more information and to register, go to millsummit.com.
(Not sure whether another virtual event is worth it? We attended the series via app last year and found that it held up.)
In the meantime, if you’re looking for a job (and are itching to get outside and network), note that organizer Spur Impact’s Nine Innings of Networking returns this season to Blue Rocks stadium on June 29.
Zip Code is hosting its first TECHPRENEUR demo day
Nominate an impressive Delawarean for the 2021 Impact Awards
Check out the new Engage DE series for brainstorming COVID-19 solutions
Del Shakes gets creative with a virtual game show
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware