Big outdoor festivals like the Holy Trinity Greek Festival and the St. Anthony’s Italian Festival won’t be back in full force this summer (though both are doing takeout).
But Wilmington will have a festival vibe all through the summer and fall with outdoor dining and music events as part of the city’s new G.O.A.T (GET OUT AROUND TOWN) campaign.
Some of the weekly events have already been happening, and are now officially part of the G.O.A.T. programming. Highlights so far include:
- It’s Time To G.O.A.T. Kickoff Event — Thursday, June 10, from 5 to 9 p.m. on Market Street — Mayor Mike Purzycki will kick off the event at the 800 block of North Market. Traffic will be closed on the 400 and 800 blocks of Market for dining and live music from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Westside Wednesdays — Outdoor dining and live music every Wednesday in the Westside starting at 6 p.m.
- Dining On Delaware Avenue in Trolley Square — Every Friday beginning at 4 p.m., plus Saturday and Sunday, Delaware Avenue will be closed for outdoor dining.
- Small Business Saturdays at Milk & Honey — 807 N. Union St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — An outdoor market of specialty handmade goods and products by local entrepreneurs
- Fireworks at Frawley Stadium — Beginning Friday, June 4, after every Blue Rocks home game
G.O.A.T. events include outdoor performances at the Delaware Theatre Company, the Farmers Market at Rodney Square, DelArt Cinema drive-in movies, Urban Bike Project Glow Rides, and live concerts by Ladybug Festival runners Gable Music Ventures. (For that last one, note: Interested venues or artists should email email@example.com.) To keep on top of events as they’re announced, follow It’s Time Wilmington on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.