Thinking of going into ecommerce? New Castle County Chamber of Commerce’s entrepreneur incubator, Emerging Enterprise Center (EEC), has some upcoming webinars that can help.
On Tuesday, April 20, at 11 a.m., the EEC will host the free virtual event on “The Benefits of Having an Online Store” on Facebook Live. Hosted by Glen Grey of Symbiosys Consulting, the half-hour webinar will discuss why you might considering having an online store, and where to start.
If that webinar convinces you that ecommerce is for you, you might want to check out the in-depth webinar “Build Your E-Commerce Site in Under 2 Hours” on Wednesday, April 28, from 9 to 11 a.m. Grey will return, along with Symbiosys colleagues Stewart Belsham and Trian Koutoufaris, to offer advice on making an effective ecommerce site, while you build a Shopify site live along with them. Note that you will need to purchase a domain and business email and be ready to pay a monthly Shopify fee — though you can use the free trial version for the workshop.
Admission to the longer April 28 webinar is $25, or free for members of the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce.
Also upcoming from the EEC:
- April 22 — Facebook Live: Future of Workforce: Effectively Leading Remote Teams, with Maria Clyde, B+H Insurance (BHI) director of human resources (free)
- April 29 — Open For Business, EEC’s virtual open house where you can meet with representatives from organizations that provide services that help startups grow (free)
- May 4 — Facebook Live: Addi Naturals Start-up Story with Yemina Israel (free)
- May 5 — Personal Finance 101: Building Your Financial Foundation, a virtual talk for entrepreneurs by Mark Olazagasti, founder of the nonprofit YourMoney101 ($10/free for members)
- May 7 — Facebook Live: Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome with licensed clinical social worker Jennie Lowe from Mid-Atlantic Behavior Health (free)
- May 14 — Facebook Live: Self-Care Strategies for Busy Entrepreneurs with Ashley Harriz from Mid-Atlantic Behavior Health (free)
From ebooks to recorded Startup Stories, here are some more resources from the EEC that you can access right now.