(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Things are looking up?
Stimulus checks are directly depositing into bank accounts, shots of the COVID-19 vaccine are going into people’s arms and it’s getting warmer out! And what’s this feeling inside? Like a blossoming warmth sitting in our chests? Is this … is this HOPE?
OK, OK, maybe hope is a strong word. But after so many months of desolate uncertainty, a tinge of optimism is welcome. It makes us want to dance to the beat of Philly Elmo’s drumline.
The pandemic has been easy on no one. If you’re feeling down, look no further: We’re bringing you a rundown of the hottest jobs in the region. The next best thing could be a few scrolls away. A spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down, eh?
As much as we’d like to daydream about the post-vaccinated future, the COVID-19 pandemic still impacts our daily lives. Technical.ly reporter Michael Butler tracks how conversations about the digital divide in Philly have evolved since work and school first went fully remote. For a deep dive, revisit this guest post from last month about the lack of internet access contributing to racial inequity in vaccine distribution.
It’s also an important time to reflect on the impact the last year had on the gender gap in tech. Reporter Paige Gross breaks that topic down here.
And if you’re unemployed, the recently passed stimulus bill includes one-time $1,400 checks for Americans and a weekly $300 boost to unemployment payments. Now let’s get down to searchin’.
- Got some lofty dreams? Aim high with these new gigs at Linode, an open-sourced cloud hosting provider:
- Help fintech ecommerce hub Perpay help people manage their financial situations. They’re seeking:
- Join the ranks at Crossbeam, a rapidly growing data operation, as its next Full Stack Engineer.
- Work at the behest of Tempest, a website-building and marketing beast. You could be its:
- Web developer Message Agency wants a Front-End Developer.
- Take yourself to the ball game! No seriously, the Philadelphia Phillies are hiring a Software Engineer Summer Associate.
- LaunchCode has touched down in Philly and has an Entry-Level Software Developer position open at one of its company partners.
- Problem search and problem solve as a Senior Applications Engineer on Oracle’s squad.
- Healthcare software company Tendo is adding a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to its team.
Don’t want to retire the workday sweatpants? These fully remote jobs are for you:
- Help the next generation of coders find their dream jobs as the Director of Talent Placement for Resilient Coders.
- Level up: Floreo seeks a Gaming Software Engineer.
- Show off your expertise as the next Engineering Manager for the custom software op SmartLogic.
Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day. Happy searchin’.-30-
Looking for entry-level tech employees? Connect with Tech Impact grads at this virtual hiring fair
This Week in Jobs DE: The hills are alive … with the pain of pollen
This Week in Jobs DE: My, my, my (or May, May, May?)
This Week in Jobs DE: Oh, the places we’ll work
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware