(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
We’re in the thick of it now, folks: the holiday bubble. Everyone is groggy from elevated levels of residual tryptophan, shuffling between couch and fridge, blissfully ignorant of the time and date.
The only methods of remote workday survival are secret naps and micro-doses of assorted fruit breads. And hopefully, reading your fave newsletter for the latest and greatest on the job scene. (Humor us, we’re just as overstuffed and under-motivated as you are.)
The weekly lineup awaits you, friends.
Funding for underrepresented founders is finally seeing the light of day in Philly, with the dual announcements of Philly Startup Leaders’ new Underrepresented Founders Fund and Comcast’s RISE initiative that will support 130 of Philly’s small businesses affected by the pandemic.
Also in the giving spirit is the City of Philadelphia’s Mayor’s Office which recently announced its $500,000 award, to be spread across a handful of organizations under its new PHL: Most Diverse Tech Hub initiative. Click the ol’ link to find out which orgs were chosen.
The Community Fund’s Lolita Taub and Right to Start’s Victor Hwang broke down what “investing in people” really means on the latest edition of our investor series, Off the Sidelines.
And in this week’s episode of The TWIJ Show, host Chris Wink chats up Wodify Head of People Ali Farell about hiring strategies that employ AI and why retention is her favorite success metric.
- The job board is heating up at Deacom where the “Artisans of ERP software” seek everything from an EDI Consultant to a Process Engineering Project Manager.
- Saving the world, one wind power subscription at a time, Inspire is hiring a Manager, Customer Experience and an IT Support Technician.
- “Cheaper by the Dozen” may be a cinematic masterpiece starring Hilary Duff, but it’s also the number of Vanguard’s job openings. Try these babies on for size:
- Pinnacle 21 streamlines the drug approval process so that life-saving drugs and devices get into the hands of patients faster. To be doin’ it and doin’ it and doin’ it well, it’s putting the call out for a Quality Assurance Manager and an IT Help Desk Analyst.
- YIKES is hiring WordPress Developers. Eek!
- The Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc is counting on a new Data Specialist. See what we did there? Counting … data … funny.
- Public Health Management Corporation is hiring a Web-Focused Graphic Designer.
- Red Wing Shoes seeks a Remote .Net Software Developer (Red Wing, MN).
- Agenteur is on the prowl for a Remote Full Stack Engineer.
- TrueMotion is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
It’s the holiday season during a pandemic. If anyone dares to wear jeans and a button-down instead of spandex and sherpa fleece 24/7 starting now until Jan. 1, we will kick you out of the bubble.
Stay cozy. Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs DE: Back in the job search saddle
This Week in Jobs DE: The final TWIJ of 2020
This Week in Jobs DE: The end of career loungewear?
This Week in Jobs DE: New year, accelerators and bootcamps on the block
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware