(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
No mo’ drama
It’s disappointing that we can’t gather in person this Thanksgiving, but there are plenty of ways to spin this time lost with loved ones. Think of it as a year off from being asked why you don’t have kids yet. One less ceramic trinket “for your collection” from your Great-Aunt Debra (who single-handedly gifted entire said collection). Zero arguments between the self-appointed political pundits of the family.
Things change, but family remains the same. So no matter what events you must pass on this year, remember: Cousin Ron will still get too drunk, burn the turkey and make Aunt Angela cry next year. Promise.
Now onto the good stuff: jobs.
Think of investing like ice cream, as VC Include CEO and founder Bahiyah Robinson and indie.vc scout and fund manager Del Johnson discuss the “swirl of factors” bringing new pools of money into venture capital investments on this week’s episode of Off the Sidelines.
Donna Allie’s turned her self-made cleaning business Team Clean into a multi-million dollar enterprise. But even with her success and proven track record, Allie says opportunities for Black- and Latinx-owned businesses are not equal to those going to white business owners. Here’s what she thinks needs to happen in order for such companies to scale in Philly. And note the unique investment that gave her company a leg up during the pandemic.
- Cloud hosting provider Linode is looking for two big guns (unloaded) to head up engineering. Reminder, guns are neither masculine or feminine. This is an equal opportunity fake firing range.
- Power Home Remodeling is on the prowl for a Site Reliability Engineer-Networking.
- Tech-first insurance firm Penn Mutual is on the lookout for an Agile Coach to be an influencer of effective and nimble execution. No Instagram selfies or sponsored posts required.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer has a hot lead for a Senior User Researcher looking for a new desk.
- Microlending fintech startup Perpay seeks smart, ambitious professionals for fulfilling workplace experiences:
- LaunchCode seeks a Managing Director.
And because not all of us want to eventually trade our fleece joggers for denim leg shackles, here are a few gigs designed for the remote lifestyle:
- Dover is hiring a Remote Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA, USA / Remote)
- cloudtamer.io is on the search for a Remote Senior Solutions Delivery Manager
Oh, another benefit to a private Thanksgiving is that you can eat everything straight out of a can (pumpkin pie included) and no one will ever know. Take that, moms. Just kidding, we love and miss you.
Happy job hunting and a happy Thanksgiving, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs DE: Back in the job search saddle
This Week in Jobs DE: The final TWIJ of 2020
This Week in Jobs DE: The end of career loungewear?
This Week in Jobs DE: New year, accelerators and bootcamps on the block
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware