It’s the 10th annual Philly Tech Week presented by Comcast — an all-virtual event this year that officially kicked off in May — and if you’ve never hopped on SEPTA to participate in Technical.ly’s annual event series in person, this is your year to check out the celebration of the Greater Philadelphia tech scene from home in Delaware.
Certainly, PTW20 Virtual is a good way to connect with Philly technologists and gain insights from experts and influencers from all over the region (and beyond). The five-day event includes the annual Developers Conference, our Introduced by Technical.ly conference and our Signature Event, aka the Nerd Met Gala. All in all, there are 34 events happening this week, including a design slam and a music tech conference.
It also includes Delaware guests in several of its events, so if you’re looking for events with DE flavor, let’s start with these recs:
- Reimagine Your Remarkable Life hosted by Great Dames — Delaware-based Great Dames is holding a five-day global conference in tandem with PTW2020. See our post about it for more info.
- Technical.ly Developers Conference — If you’re a developer, you won’t want to miss the first PTW Dev Conf in virtual format, featuring a day of 30-minute dev talks. From 2 to 2:30 p.m., be sure to check out the Code Differently Case Study, featuring Tariq Hook discussing the rising Wilmington coding education program.
- Introduced panel: “What responsibility does the tech economy have for a ‘just recovery’?” — Former Delaware Gov. Jack Markell joins Technical.ly CEO Chris Wink, the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s Bill Golderer, Elizabeth Lindsay of D.C.’s ByteBack and Delali Dzirasa of Baltimore’s Fearless for this 45-minute panel at 10 a.m. on Friday.
You can find the full list of events on the PTW2020 website. A few more highlights, including several free options:
- Internet Essentials: an honest conversation about digital equity, access and opportunity from Comcast — Tuesday 3:30 to 4 p.m.
- HUE Tech Summit, to educate, elevate, and empower women of color technologists and entrepreneurs in the Delaware Valley and beyond — Tuesday 4 – 7:30 p.m.
- Annual UX Design Slam — Tuesday 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- @CypherCity Virtual Global Livestreaming Music Tech Conference — Wednesday, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Black Business E-Adoption During COVID with Jason M. Coles, founder and CEO of Katika — Thursday 2 to 3 p.m.
DelawareBio’s free Igniting Innovation Week begins Nov. 9
Learn about allyship and advocacy at UD’s upcoming Women’s Leadership Initiative webinars
Novelist Terry McMillan will make a virtual visit to Wilmington Library
This Developing Delaware virtual conference will focus on data
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware