Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
This weekend, upon one of many regularly scheduled visits to the wiz palace, we finally realized the only thing that truly matters in this crazy world: toilet paper.
Oh, how we once so foolishly took those gloriously quilted white squares for granted. How we mocked their delicate touch and playful bounce by way of talking bears and puppy bowling balls. How we mindlessly poo pooed the value of the majestic cloth that not only cleans our bums, but cleanses our souls.
Now that the sacred source of TP has been replenished, we vow to never wipe carelessly again. To use only what we need, and to spare a square for those less fortunate. For quilted or single ply, each gauzy cube is like gift wrapping for our golden droplets, and our dignity.
Now, get off the toilet and get back to work.
Still trying to wrap your brain around remote work during a pandemic? So are these 13 meetup groups. Take some tips, or simply find some solace in the fact that you are most certainly not alone, as you navigate this topsy turvy remote lifestyle.
If you’ve got money on your mind, Code for Philly just launched a new technical fellowship that pays. The part-time opportunity offers three fellows a $1,500 stipend each for 10 hours of work on a weekly basis over an eight-week period. It’s Code by Philly’s effort to help reduce barriers for people underrepresented in the tech industry.
Philly-based, direct-to-consumer cleaning product company Dropps is (still) having a growth spurt. Kind of like when your mom had to buy you longer pants in eighth grade, only for you to grow out of them a month later. In this case, the Inc. 5000 honoree’s sustainable dishwashing soaps have been in constant demand from all the people cooking at home due to something called COVID-19. Heard of it? Hasn’t been in the news much. Ahh, jokes. Anyhoo, keep your eyes peeled for jobs at this ever-growing company.
- If you get excited every time you walk by Free People’s whimsical store windows, you’re gonna want to put your John Hancock down on this application. URBN (parent company to FP, Anthropologie and more) is hiring an Associate Manager, Personalization & Testing.
- If you prefer your days cloudy, Linode is hiring a Systems Engineer – Hardware to manage infrastructure for the largest independent open cloud provider in the world (pssst, that’s Linode).
- Custom software company Promptworks has open gigs for a Senior Software Engineer and a Sales Development Representative.
- Thayer Distribution, an efficient distribution channel for candy and snack foods, is hiring a Senior Full Stack Developer to help build … wait, do we need to go on? They sell SNACKS. Talk about a job you can sink your teeth into.
- Phorest, the world’s fastest-growing marketing and CRM software for premium salons, is looking for a Director of Marketing for North America.
- Speed and Function (because who wants one without the other?) seeks a Business Development Representative who can write like a boss — as in, very well and with CEO vibes.
- Think Company has its eye out for a Technical Lead who can serve as the primary technical point of contact throughout a project’s kickoff, research, design, development and delivery.
- Your friendly local telecommunications giant, Comcast, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer, Platform and, well, honestly, so many more jobs that we’re just gonna leave this link here (click the “jobs” tab once you’re in there).
- Remote OK is on the lookout for a Remote Senior Developer.
- Tribe Technologies is itchin’ to put a new Remote Full Stack Developer on payroll.
Thanks for joining us again this week. We so enjoy your company. Unless it’s in the bathroom. That’s private time for you and your treasured toilet squares.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: It’s here folks — Philly Tech Week 2020
This Week in Jobs: Fresh as a brand new funnel
This Week in Jobs: Tech jobs for non-devs inside!
This Week in Jobs: Engineers and product peeps are hot for fall
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware