Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Can we just circle back to something real quick? In May, headlines were abuzz with news about “murder hornets” invading America. And then they just … stopped.
What does it mean? Are murder hornets “so last month” and no one told us? Can we proceed as if there is no risk of a two-inch killer with a fatal stinger flying around bee-heading entire hives of honeybees?
Or should we be begging Lucius Fox to invent a prototype of technical fabrics resistant to pandemic-grade viruses and extra strength bees? Oh, and let’s not forget to ask if he can make them in honeybee sizes, as well. Those ba-bees need our help.
More importantly, should we stop adding “bee” to everything in an effort to “bee” cute? Probably.
Let’s just move onto the jobs.
In the latest episode of The TWIJ Show, we hear from two diversity and cultural competency experts on how to talk about race at work. President of diversity consulting firm Cultured Enuf, Jael K.D.L.V. Chambers, and diversity and inclusion trainer, Alyssa Vásquez, walk host Chris Wink through short-term starts for building long-term change at the office. Take a listen!
Another day in quarantine, another sweet virtual conference. Since having to shift gears from its annual live events, Philly Tech Week is pairing up with WhatsNext — a virtual biz conference specifically curated for startup and emerging growth companies, as well as angel, venture capital and private equity investors from — from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 24, for the next phase of its PTW20 Virtual Summer Series.
And also, take a look at how Philly’s Shannon Morales is helping Black and Latinx technologists get hired by starting Philadelphia’s chapter of Techqueria, an organization to support and create space for Latinx people in the local tech industry, and Philly Hires Black, a pledge for tech companies to hire more Black individuals.
- Cloud-hosting provider with worldwide status, Linode, is hiring an entire hierarchy of engineers:
- Specializing in mobile and web geospatial data applications, Azavea is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Looking to put a little more “umph” into the exterior home reno category, Power Home Remodeling is hiring up:
- They don’t call ‘em the “Artisans of ERP Software” for nothing. Skill building and career development are the focus at Deacom, which features immersive training programs along with side-by-side peer learning. Oh yeah, and it’s hiring:
- STRATIS IoT — leader in smart apartments for multifamily — is hiring a Software Engineer III. It also makes reference to “The Sound of Music” in its job description, which inspired us to pull down our curtains and make matching outfits for singing and dancing. Stay tuned for video. JK.
- SAPIENT seeks a creative, motivated Sales Account Executive – Experienced who can drive a good consultative sale.
- Apacio is hiring a Remote Back End Developer.
- Metabolic Living seeks a Remote Senior UX UI CRO Designer Developer For Digital Optimization.
- ROI Developers are on the prowl for a Remote Mid Senior Full Stack Developer.
Thanks for bee-ing here with us this morning. Sorry, seriously stopping now.
Happy job hunting, friends.