Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
A daylight saved is a daylight earned
If you woke up a little extra groggy this past weekend, you were reminded that it’s once again time for the part of the year when everyone simultaneously wonders, “Wait, why do we have daylight saving time?”
And while Philadelphians can rest easy knowing that Benjamin Franklin did NOT invent DST (as is often mistakenly rumored), that easy rest was cut short by an hour and we won’t get it back until fall. This may seem like a minor shift, but it can still have a noticeable effect on the mind and body.
So in these shifting times, keep a close eye on your health and get extra rest when you feel you need it (and maybe listen to ol’ Benny Frank when he suggests “early to bed, early to rise”).
In a sprawling campus at the Navy Yard, URBN is building out the tech team for its new fashion subscription rental service Nuuly. Read on to find out the origins and vision behind the platform, and the challenges and opportunities in creating it. And be sure to check out URBN’s Culture Page to browse all its open roles.
Has Technical.ly helped you get a job in some way? Or helped you advance your career? Then we want to know about it and give you the benefits of our membership. This could be through directly applying to a job post on our site, attending one of our events, researching companies through our reporting or even hearing about an opening here in TWIJ. If we’ve been a part of your career journey, please take this survey and let us know.
Lastly, with the cancellation of SXSW due to coronavirus, local organizations are responding with their own plans and reactions. While it’s still very early to gauge the full consequences of COVID-19, rapid responses and pivots like these are important steps to slow the spread.
- Fintech startup Perpay has a number of openings, including Growth & Lifecycle Marketer and Senior Data Scientist.
- The tech team at The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for an SEO Editor.
- Pinnacle 21 in Blue Bell is hiring for Software Engineers (All Levels).
- Macquarie is the place to be for data roles, including Data Modeler, Data Integration Engineer — Java and Global Data Technology Senior Manager.
- Quick on your feet? Penn Mutual needs an Agile Coach.
- If building websites sounds like music to your ears, you could join The Philadelphia Orchestra as Web Developer or Lead Web Developer.
- Edtech startup CampusESP has a spot for a Customer Success Manager to help onboard new clients and build relationships.
- The Franklin Institute seeks a Project Technician to support exhibit operations.
- Neat Company has a neat opening for a Sr. Marketing Analyst. Neat!
- Sapient Industries wants you as its new AWS Infrastructure Engineer/Ops Lead.
Interested in a remote job?
- Packet Fabric seeks a Remote Software Engineer in Test.
- SUSE posted for a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- Turnout2020 hopes you’ll turn out for its Remote Senior Software Engineer role.
Happy job hunting!-30-
COVID-19 hasn’t slowed down hiring at WSFS
This Week in Jobs: Chaotic times, open jobs
This Week in Jobs: Webinars, wellness and wheally cool robots
This Week in Jobs: Love in the time of coronavirus
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware