(Photo by Pexels user Andrea Piacquadio used under a Creative Commons license)
United Way of Delaware and Spur Impact-led Do More 24 Delaware (hashtag #DoMore24DE) returns next month.
For the 24 hours from March 5 at 6 p.m. to March 6 at 6 p.m., Delaware nonprofits — everything from economic development orgs such as The Pete du Pont Freedom Foundation to education orgs such as TeenSHARP to museums, health research and community support orgs such as Meals on Wheels Delaware — will be participating in a sort of online “telethon” to raise funds.
Participating nonprofits have incentives to bring in funding: Several sponsors, such as Capital One and NuPOINT, will be awarding bonuses to nonprofits that “win” in different categories, including hourly prizes of $250, which will double to $500 in the final six hours.
Other prizes include the Wilmington Blue Rocks marketing prize, where the nonprofit that receives the most individual donations over the course of Do More 24 Delaware will win a half-page ad in the Blue Rocks’ game day program for the 2020 season and two 30-second radio spots during the Blue Rocks radio broadcasts for the 2020 season. (Here’s a rundown of all of the prizes.)
Offline events aligning with Do More 24 Delaware include:
- Delaware Technical Community College, Annual Social Media Conference — Thursday, March 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Owens Campus in Georgetown
- Next Gen South Chowdown for Charity — Friday, March 6, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Maple Dale Country Club in Dover
- Epilepsy Foundation of Delaware Barn Bash — Friday, March 6, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at The Farmhouse in Wilmington
- atTAcK Addiction E-Racing the Stigma 5K — Saturday, March 7, starting at 9 a.m. at St. Peter’s Church in Old New Castle
- Delaware Technical Community College, An Evening of Mardi Gras — Saturday, March 7, from 7 to 11 p.m. at Wilmington Campus
To sign up as a nonprofit or to participate as a donor, go to domore24delaware.org.
Wilmington Green Box: Giving up was not an option
1440 Film Co. unveils its first Project Giveback video on TeenSHARP signing day
Longwood chips in emergency aid for undocumented Delawareans
Here’s what #GivingTuesdayNow looks like in Delaware
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware