Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Gotta love it
From now until the 14th, the powers of consumerism will pound the arrival of Valentine’s Day into our skulls like a game of romantic whack-a-mole.
But on this totally realistic holiday that puts absolutely zero undue pressure on relationships that are otherwise moving along at a perfectly appropriate pace, we urge you to remember that just like love, your career doesn’t have to be about someone else. It’s about you.
So put on that red shirt because you look damn good in bold colors. Show up to work with flowers you bought for yourSELF. And for crying out loud, open your heart to the love of a job that appreciates you. It doesn’t have to be the best-looking job, or even the coolest. So what if it makes terrible jokes now and then. As long as it treats you well, that’s all we care about.
Zebras, unicorns, startups — oh my! Follow Astrid Scholz, cofounder of Zebras Unite and XXcelerate Fund, down the yellow brick road of her investment career on the latest episode of “Off the Sidelines” — an investor education podcast produced by us at Technical.ly in partnership with Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS.
There’s a garden full of fresh opportunities (well, and flowers) at URBN’s Navy Yard campus. The company is parent to fanciful fashion brands Anthropologie & Co., Free People and Urban Outfitters, and serves as a creatively charged hub for tech roles. So get on in there. And buy a new pair of pants while you’re at it. You know it’s time.
No fakin’ it here. Technical.ly is back with its RealLIST Startups 2020, featuring the companies in Philadelphia and Delaware that reporters believe are poised to make some serious strides this year. For the job hunters readin’ this, these lists are like the Charlie’s golden ticket. In other words, “major opportunities” to work somewhere that’s going places. The quotes aren’t sarcasm, we just wanted you to actually hear us saying that.
And in the biggest news to hit the job fair scene since job fairs became a scene, NET/WORK Philly 2020 is on its way to shake up your career. Join us on Tuesday, Feb 25, from 3 to 8 p.m. at The Fillmore Philadelphia. And run a comb over your head. Headshots are free.
Candidates, will you accept this rose?
- URBN is hiring an empathetic, human-centered User Experience (UX) Designer. So, if you’re more of a robot-person, move it along.
- Knowledge management platform Guru seeks a Data Engineer. *Puppies in the workplace alert. We repeat: Puppies. In. The. Workplace.
- Wind power subscription provider Inspire has got its eye out for a Member Experience Specialist.
- Vanguard is looking for a Senior Java UI Developer with senior level expertise. As in coding, not the elderly. Although they’re not mutually exclusive, of course.
- The team of juggernauts at motorcycle ecommerce retailer RevZilla is on the prowl for a Cloud Operations Engineer and a Full Stack Engineer.
- Fulton Bank isn’t just inspired to change lives for the better, it also really wants to hire a Senior Solutions Developer. That’s not so much to ask for, right?
- Cloud-based restaurant management platform xtraCHEF is hiring a “proven” Product Marketing Manager. So, uh, bring your ID? Maybe a witness?
Hate putting pants on? These gigs are remote:
- OneSecondDelivery is hiring a Remote Unity3D Developer for Flight Simulator.
- Scanslated is looking for a Remote Python Django Developer.
- Crisp is on the lookout for a Remote Back-End Software Developer.
Thanks for joining us again this week, friends. We simply love your company. In fact, it’s literally the only reason we’re here (no pressure).
Don’t forget that our jobs board is available to you 24/7/365 at this link. So if you’re up late at night, eating the chocolate covered strawberries you rightfully purchased for yourself, check it out.-30-
The biggest mistake tech job applicants make (and other advice)
This Week in Jobs: The Mardi Gras of job fairs
This Week in Jobs: You better never let it go
This Week in Jobs: NET/WORK Philly 2020 comin’ atcha!
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware