Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Best Friends Forever
We’ve been through so much together this year, haven’t we? It’s almost like we’re best friends now, if you think about it.*
We looked for jobs that sparked so much joy we wanted to fold them into thirds and place them in our emotional dressers, Marie Kondo-style. We sang a compelling duet of career openings, much like Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper during an uncomfortably intimate awards ceremony performance. We marveled at the dimwitted schemes of the Fyre Fest founders, assuring you that, if conducted properly, our listed jobs would most likely would not send you to jail.
Yours truly had a birthday. In fact, it’s likely all of you did, too. Huh, how about that?
So thank you for your joining us on this everlasting quest to find purpose and fulfillment through work. ‘Twas a pleasure to keep you informed about job openings and whatever weird thoughts we were having at the time we wrote each newsletter.
*Did you think about it? Are we??
“Finding really good people is hard … tech workers are in such high demand.” From FORT Robotics’ CEO’s mouth to your ears — er, eyes. The one-year-old Washington Square startup — which builds wireless functional safety systems for autonomous machines — has more than doubled its growth since it launched. And it’s still hiring. So read up and get your application on.
“Conference room technology has come a long way, baby.” Check out how the masters of modern AV technology at Haverford Systems — currently seeking an SEO specialist — souped up the conference spaces of Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel Law.
Episode 2 of “Off the Sidelines” has hit the airwaves. Take a listen as Alicia Syrett of Pantegrion Capital talks about figuring out which type of investor you want to be. For those just tuning in, “Off the Sidelines” is our new investor education podcast series produced in partnership with Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS.
- We here at Technically Media (hi) are looking for a Director of Talent Initiatives to strategically grow the size and reach of our talent platform, with a special focus on our Match program. If this job description thrills you, apply for it, dear talent initiatives pro, oh won’t you?
- Odessa is looking for a couple of senior-level pros to fill its Sr Project Manager — ERP Implementations and Sr Business Analyst — ERP Implementations roles. In their own words, the team says, “We’re looking for people with ‘ERP software implementation experience, preferably in the fintech industry,’ which obviously can be reworded.” Well, guess what, Odessa team? We don’t want to reword that at all. To us, you are perfect.
- It’s the trifecta of opportunity, folks: Fintech startup Perpay is hiring a Performance Marketer, Front-end Engineer and an Accounting Manager.
- You put your front end in, you put your back end out. You do the hokey pokey — sorry, got distracted. Guru is hiring both a Senior Software Engineer Front-End AND Back-End.
- Linode seeks — wow, it seeks a lot — stop what you’re doing. Hiring bonanza alert:
- Hope you’re thirsty. The City of Philadelphia is looking for a Software Engineer to work on Philadelphia Water Department Microsoft .Net framework.
- Frontline Education is hiring a Software Developer with 5+ years experience engineering sophisticated, enterprise-quality business software.
- EY Design Studio is on the hunt for Senior UX Engineers with a bach in computer science and two years in the biz.
And now a few for the remote professional:
- DjangoForce is hiring a Remote US-Based Salesforce Lightning Developer.
- Research Square is on the prowl for a Remote Machine Learning Software Engineer.
- DraftKings is looking for a Remote Lead Software Engineer.
Farewell to 2019! And farewell for now, dear friends!
We’ll be back next year, refreshed and ready to make fun of all the ridiculous and noteworthy tech and pop culture events that beg to be teased. And also to get your butts in the right jobs. Yes, that one first actually. (The boss is reading.)
Thank you for a wonderful year.
Happy job hunting … and a happy holidays to all.-30-
This Week in Jobs: It’s here folks — Philly Tech Week 2020
This Week in Jobs: Fresh as a brand new funnel
This Week in Jobs: Tech jobs for non-devs inside!
This Week in Jobs: Engineers and product peeps are hot for fall
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware