Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Don’t jinx it
While the middle of the country prepares for an icy, arctic blast, Philly actually feels pretty darn great this week (so far …).
In an effort not to curse the Greater Philadelphia area any more than we might have just done, let’s move on.
The Philadelphia Eagles.
Wait! Bear with us. We swear, you’ll like this: Tom Brady just admitted he’s “not over Super Bowl LII loss to Philadelphia Eagles.”
“You assume I’m over it?” Brady said Monday morning during his weekly radio appearance on WEEI in Boston when asked about the game. “Come on now. That’s a lot of mental scar tissue from that year. That was a tough game.”
See? Doesn’t that feel kinda good?
Maybe we should just move on to the jobs. Here’s a fresh batch of goodies for you this week, job hunters. Go get ‘em!
In case you haven’t been introduced before, these four Philly tech-focused companies just made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list for their impressive growth: Sidecar, Health Union, Vici Media and Spark Therapeutics. You know what growth means? It means jobs, baby. Follow up on each company, or pick your fave, to see if they have any openings that tickle your fancy.
Feel like you never have enough relevant experience to get the job you really want? Well, check this out: Job training nonprofit Philadelphia Works received a $420,000 grant to develop a “pay for success” program and is partnering with Comcast to train individuals who are registered with PA CareerLink to become salespeople at the telecomms giant. The opportunity is open to people with varying degrees of education, those looking to make a mid-career change, or those who wouldn’t usually end up in Comcast’s talent pool.
Get on in there, slugger.
- Sidecar (hey — one of those companies we wrote about in the news!) is looking for a Cloud Engineer and a Software Engineering Manager. So they are hiring. Man, when we’re right, we’re right.
- Fintech company Perpay has got its eye out for a Relationship Marketer. No need to understand why “men are from Mars and women are from Venus” — this role is all about developing strategies that deliver on key acquisition, engagement and retention goals.
- Deacom has some great job options for those newer to the professional workforce, including an Application Support Specialist.
- VC firm First Round is hiring a curious and intuitive aspiring entrepreneur with a fascination of tech to be its Chief of Staff. Whoever gets the role will work directly with Managing Partner Josh Kopelman as his trusted right hand in Philadelphia. That doesn’t mean you can’t be left handed, just stick around on his right side. You got this.
- University of Pennsylvania is hiring a Senior Web Designer, Undergraduate Admissions.
- Wonderspaces PHL, which creates accessible art shows, seeks a Guide to deliver extraordinary visitor experiences, as well as a Co-Manager to directly supervise the operations of shows.
Get on the list:
- Pinnacle 21 is on a continuous prowl for qualified Senior Software Engineers. Read more about the company’s culture by clicking the name.
- Chariot Solutions — the Fort Washington-based software development firm — is always on the lookout for passionate Senior Java/AWS Developers. Make sure it has your resume on file when it’s ready to hire up.
- Travelliance, which helps businesses make the most of their lodging dollars, is hiring a Remote Senior Software Developer.
- Roger.ai, founded to make day-to-day financial operations as worry-free as possible for business peeps, is on the hunt for a Remote Senior Front-End Developer.
We hope you enjoyed reading this as much as we enjoyed writing it. If you find yourself down about the weather at all this week (maybe you’re worried about your Grammy and Gramps in Ohio), remember that Tom Brady still lies awake at night thinking about how we beat him.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
This Week in Jobs: Feel the heat radiating off these career opportunities
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware