Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Get ta preppin’
There are only 23 days until Thanksgiving. It is time to get in shape. And no, we don’t mean dieting (never!). We mean *slowly preparing your tummies for maximum stretch capacity.
It’s gonna take hard work. It’s gonna require dedication. You might fall into traps as you find your way, such as spontaneous napping or serious bloating — the turkey dinner prep process is art plus science at its finest, people. But in the end, you’ll pummel this epic meal as exquisitely as Rocky took down Ivan Drago in “Rocky IV.”
*We are not, nor have we ever been or likely ever will be medical professionals. Enlarge your tummies at your own risk.
Looking for a little “how-to” guidance on your path to becoming a leader? Communications and branding agency Tierney just launched a podcast featuring interviews with C-suite execs. The podcast, “29 Stories,” is hosted by Tierney Chief Growth Officer Tracy Santilli. The first four episodes are already live and can be found in all the places that podcasts hang out together. #friendship
Nonprofit coding school Zip Code Wilmington is expanding its offerings to include a data engineering and analytics bootcamp starting in February 2020. Well known for its Java bootcamp, Zip Code has a unique payment structure for bootcamp grads who earn full-time positions with one of its corporate partners. Hungry for more info? Zip Code will be holding an “Ask Us Anything” information session on Wednesday, Nov. 6, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at its HQ at The Mill in Wilmington.
One of the world’s first and biggest cloud hosting providers, Linode is hiring up a boatload of different types of engineers:
- Junior Systems Software Engineer
- Data Center Operations Engineer
- Software Development Engineer in Test
Guru is a knowledge management software that helps clients tap into their company’s collective knowledge. Tap it on the shoulder and apply for one of these babies:
Inspire’s flagship product is a Netflix-style subscription to wind power. It’s trying to power up its team with these brand new listings:
Macquarie is a global financial services firm with some serious giggage (or, gigs. Must stop trying to invent new words).
Vanguard — one of the world’s largest investment firms — is … whoa, baby. It’s a’hirin’:
- Site Reliability Engineer — DevOps
- Mobility & UEM Engineer — Workspace One
- Full-Stack Software Engineer — SRE
- AWS Technical Lead
- Senior Cloud Operations Engineer — AWS
A few other notable jobs this week:
- Cesium is looking for a Director, SaaS Platform Sales to devise and execute a sales strategy for its SaaS platform Cesium ion.
- The Institutes — a nonprofit provider of risk management and property casualty insurance education — seeks a Front-End/UI Developer.
- Copter Labs specializes in business websites for the fitness industry and it’s searching for a React Web & Native Developer — Philly-based.
Or, if you prefer that coffee house livin’, work remotely:
- Olo seeks a Remote Software Engineer to develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains.
- camlCase is looking for a Remote Senior Android Developer to build a cryptocurrency wallet for Tezos.
- X-Mode Social needs a Remote Lead Software Engineer to work on its data platform.
Thrilled, as always, to see you again this week! Please stay tuned as we’ve been brewing up a bushel of ways to poke fun at the holiday season. We’ll be stuffing our sack full of reindeer jokes and ways to hide from your screaming nieces and nephews at family dinners, and sending them straight down your digital chimney. It’s all coming your way over the next two months, along with all the tech jobs you need to know about.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-