Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Thirty-one straight days of masked faces haunting your dreams, fake rodents and reptiles peppered throughout dimly lit hallways and dark corners, and worst of all, baby-sized costumes on adult-sized bodies, carelessly stripping away the respect and credibility of almost every professional career.
Nurses save lives, people. Now add about three more yards of material to that costume.
Like sweet Cindy getting ready for the ball, now’s the time to prep for NET/WORK Suburbs 2019, taking place this Thursday, Oct 10, at Deacom in Chesterbook, PA. Unlike Cinderella, make sure you wear shoes that fit. It’ll make a better impression if the shoes are on your feet and not romantically strewn down the staircase. Register here and check out some of the hiring companies that will be at the event.
Hey Delaware, as the Christiana Care Health System rebrands itself to ChristianaCare (complete with a new logo and slogan), it’s a good time to revisit its career page. The largest private employer in the state has a long list of tech jobs. Check it out.
They may not be as scary as a sexy plumber costume, but these careers will haunt you if you don’t move fast:
- Penn Mutual has its sights set on a couple of product owners: Product Owner, Business Transformation Specialist AND Product Owner, Life Product Implementation & In-Force Support. You know what they say, the longer the job title … the longer it takes to introduce yourself. Or something like that.
- Odessa is looking for a Business Architect to “draw” from your experience in both software development and the leasing industry. We don’t know if the pun was intentional, but we’re here for it.
- IntegriChain gets medications into patients’ hands as fast as possible. So make like a medication and get into their hands ASAP. That didn’t really work. Sorry. Anyways, they’re looking for the highly coveted Data Engineer.
- A Philly institution that needs little introduction, The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for a thoughtful and imaginative Product Designer AND an Interactive Developer dedicated to storytelling experimentation.
- Cesium seeks a Director, SaaS Platform Sales. Alliterations — fun stuff.
- Vistar Media is looking for a new addition to it’s engineering team, and it’s hoping that addition is you. So if you’re a Software Engineer, giddy up! Make it happen.
- Global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, EY is hiring a Senior Front End Developer.
- Building software to help Americans save for retirement, Ascensus is on the lookout to hire a Software Engineer (Senior to Lead).
- Freya Systems offers “soup-to-nuts” service for complex web applications. It’s hiring a Full Stack Java Developer.
- Jack Henry & Associates is on the prowl for a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- Homer is hiring a Remote Senior Software Engineer, Content.
- Formstack is on the lookout for a Remote Junior Software Developer.
Stay strong this month. Avert your tender eyes from the unforgiving slew of scary movie trailers. Hum loudly as they play, so as not to be traumatized by their haunting soundtracks.
It’s possible we’re projecting.
Anyhoo, thanks for joining us this week. We’ll see you again, same time, same place next Tuesday.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Please Do Not Touch Museum
The state wants to move unemployed Delawareans into high-demand jobs with this workforce dev program
This Week in Jobs: Take me out to the … never mind
This Week in Jobs: The dog days of summer job hunting
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware