Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Hot Child in the City
How is it that CVS is already slingin’ flu shots, yet it’s still too hot to wear pants?
To be clear, that did not mean we aren’t wearing any bottoms at all. We’re just stuck on a rotating wardrobe of tasteful jorts and “I give up”-style capri leggings.
Come on, bring on fall! In the meantime, perhaps you’ll find yourself falling for (sorry) a job in this still-sweaty edition of This Week in Jobs.
Our fan-fave event NET/WORK is hittin’ the suburbs. NET/WORK Suburbs 2019 will take place at Deacom in Chesterbrook, PA on Thursday, Oct 10. Be there or be … somewhere less fun. Snag yourself one of those (free) tix here.
South Philly-based web development firm P’unk Ave is about to be an empty nester as it sends one of its babies out into the world. The firm is spinning its open-source product Apostrophe into its own business. To learn more about the new company and what positions it’s hiring for, read on, friends.
In the throes of building your early-stage startup in Delaware? Check out the new offering at The Delaware Innovation Space: Lab Pods, 15-by-10-foot turnkey labs with full access to facilities, utilities and business support for $2,500 per month.
Why should engineers have all the fun? Non-dev roles, right here, folks:
- Equipment leasing technology company Odessa is looking for a Senior Project Manager.
- Guru Technologies, maker of knowledge management software, has a prime position available for a Senior Data Scientist.
- EY Design Studio in Manayunk is looking for a UX Researcher.
- Open-source cloud hosting provider Linode has its eye on a Cloud Development Representative with 3+ years QA automation experience.
- No-tie-required insurance services firm Penn Mutual is hiring a Product Owner/Business Transformation Specialist.
But yeah, tech companies still need a lot of devs, so we’ve got some primo gigs for you, too:
- Software development firm Chariot Solutions is looking for Senior Java/AWS Developers (plural!).
- BizEquity is on the lookout for a Lead Full-Stack Software Engineer.
- E-commerce marketing agency Sidecar is hiring a Software Engineering Manager.
- Marketing tech company Torchlight Technology Group is on the hunt for multiple Full-Stack Software Developers (Modern PHP/AWS/ReactJS).
Work from home! Or a coffee shop. Maybe a cemetery … if that’s your thing. Whatever floats your boat, because these babies are remote:
- Custom software developer Railroad19 seeks a Remote Scala/Spark Software Developer.
- SaaS company SHE Software is looking for a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- AI company CVEDIA is on the prowl for a Remote Senior Python Developer.
As always, thanks for joining us this week. And be sure to let us know if you find yourself a job after reading our newsletter. We’d love to hear from you.
Fingers crossed for some fabulous faux fur-lined fall fun in the near future.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Give yourself a round of applause
This Week in Jobs: It’s cold, but at least Tom Brady is still sad about LII
This Week in Jobs: Never too many carbs, never too many jobs
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
This Week in Jobs: Apply the Aniston Effect to your job hunt
This Week in Jobs: The dog days of job hunting
This Week in Jobs: A frighteningly good career selection this week
Mastering the ‘halo effect’ in tech recruiting
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware