Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Whether you’re into it or not, there’s something magical about football season. Maybe it’s the combination of perfectly breezy weather, a sea of jerseys painting the streets green, and the collective screams of frustration or whoops of joy echoing across neighborhoods. There’s just such an inspirational sense of camaraderie uniting us all through the power of Eagles’ Nation.
That is, until someone throws the remote at the TV. And they will. Oh, they will.
Suburbanites, city commuters, anyone looking for a job, really — get your butts to NET/WORK Suburbs on Oct. 10. Hosted by Deacom in dreamy Chesterbrook, PA, NET/WORK will have all the makings of a great networking event slash job fair: food (for sustenance), bevs (for bravery) and arguably the most important element, companies looking to hire people. So, get those biz cards and Linkedin profiles ready, it’s NET/WORK time. Get your free tix here.
D.C.-based Black Girl Ventures — an organization that creates opportunities for women entrepreneurs of color to access capital — is settin’ up shop right here in Philly. The Philadelphia chapter is currently looking for entrepreneurial-minded leaders and advisors to join its team, all of whom who will be included in a unique accelerator of their own to learn the ins and outs of investing.
We’ve got the inside scoop on a handful of companies that are hiring up big time. Read closely, as these lists cover a range of categories and experience levels. Now, go on and pick your fantasy professional team.
- Perpay — This growing fintech startup — set in a lush, colorful Center City loft — applies a microlending approach to consumer spending, enabling consumers to make big purchases through smart, income-based payments. Nice stash of yummy coffee, too.
- Deacom — Hey, we were just talking about this place! The soon-to-be host of NET/WORK Suburbs 2019 is known for its development of ERP software for global manufacturers and distributors. A future office space is set to open in Frankfurt, Germany next year.
- Vanguard — One of the world’s largest investment firms with a quirky ship-themed vibe (anyone want to go work out at its gym, Ship Shape?). It boasts a hearty community garden and a fierce dedication to giving back.
- Macquarie — A tech-forward, global financial services firm great for technologists who crave mobility, growth, and exposure to new cultures and business experiences.
A unique pos-ish (or three) to keep ya on your toes:
- Bryn Mawr College is looking for a Makerspace Coordinator (generous benefits alert).
- Garfield Refining, a 126-year-old precious metal refinery located in Philly, is hiring a Web Developer to help with a major modernization effort.
- The Innovation Factory is on the hunt for an “amazing” freelance Social Media Catalyst to help launch a Kickstarter campaign for its new rescue and survival tool.
A couple more dev openings, because we like you:
- AI tech startup OptivityX, LLC is on the lookout for a Lead Developer.
- Think Company is looking to hire a .NET Development Contractor for a six-month project.
And jobs you can do in your jammies!
- Clipboard Health is hiring a Remote Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Ockam is looking for a Remote Software Architect.
- ReCharge Payments is on the prowl for a Remote API Software Engineer — Python.
Whew! That was quite the boatload of jobs. We always hope this newsletter helps you find the role you’re looking for, but if today wasn’t your day, remember you can see our entire list of organizations and their job openings right here.
Happy job hunting, friends!-30-
This Week in Jobs: It’s here folks — Philly Tech Week 2020
This Week in Jobs: Fresh as a brand new funnel
This Week in Jobs: Tech jobs for non-devs inside!
Job alert: Delaware Art Museum is hiring
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware