Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Pack it up, folks
OK, everyone. It’s time. Take a few moments to say your goodbyes, and then we’re going to need you to store away your white jeans until next summer.
That’s right. We’re approaching Labor Day, and the unyielding laws of seasonal fashion make exceptions for no one — well, maybe for Insta influencers with their (so far) unstudied superhuman stain resistance.
In honor of Labor Day, remember to give yourself a little credit for all of the hard work you’ve done so far this year. It ain’t easy to build a career you love, take care of yourself and your family, and still find eight hours a day for scrolling social media, but you make it work. And we’re proud of you.
On that note, here’s the latest going on this week in jobs.
Garland Potts is not the name of an exotic floral arrangement, but the woman who bears the name is as equally intriguing. Potts, a digital news developer at The Philadelphia Inquirer, shared with us her journey from grad school in Spain to technologist at the iconic Philly news source — including where the Inquirer is at in its digital transformation and all of the technical opportunities it has to offer.
Nom, nom, nom. It’s not snack time — it’s nomination time! Technical.ly (hey, that’s us) is looking for nominations for its inaugural ReaLIST Engineers, a curated list of “real” (i.e., serious, committed, influential) software developers, architects and other technologists making a meaningful contribution to our communities. Read more and start nommin’ here.
And a lil’ something for all of you in the life sciences arena. A University of Delaware-led network of higher education and healthcare institutions is on track to receive $23 million in federal and state funding — $18 million from the National Institutes of Health and $5 million in matching funding from the state over the next five years to increase opportunities for multidisciplinary biomedical research in Delaware. Dive into the article to learn more about what orgs will benefit from the funding and then get to workin’ on that resume, slugger.
Let’s start with this menagerie of unique opportunities:
- Lots to see here: Fintech startup Perpay is seeking a Director of Marketing, UX Designer, Relationship Marketer and plenty more.
- HealthVerity is looking for a Commercial Contracts Administrator.
- You might need a longer business card for this one: Penn Mutual is on the prowl for a Product Owner—Life Product Implementation & In-Force Support.
Data people, we’ve got your number:
- Guru Technologies has a hot opening for a Senior Data Scientist.
- IntegriChain is on the lookout for a Data Engineer.
Onto the project management pros:
- Odessa is looking for a Sr. Project Manager.
- Eastern Standard is on the hunt for a Project Manager (Producer).
And of course, engineers:
- HealthVerity is also on the hunt for an Integration Engineer.
- An elusive company in Coopersburg, PA is hiring for a Software Design Leader.
Or, go remote:
- 1 Second Everyday is looking for a Remote iOS Developer and a Remote Senior Android Developer.
- StayWell is on the search for a Remote Senior Software Engineer Team Lead.
Keep an eye on your burger and the job openings at the same time this weekend. Access our jobs board 24/7 to stay updated on new positions, day and night.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week In Jobs: Chalk about opportunity
This Week in Jobs: Puppies, Pittsburgh and a plethora of prime positions
This Week in Jobs: Gigs that’ll make mom proud
This Week in Jobs: Itching for a new tech job?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware