Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
There’s no better time to enjoy the great outdoors than summer. And yet, at the same time, there’s no stronger gravitational pull than that of the couch, where you can crank the AC and binge movies for an entire Sunday (or Tuesday, but we won’t tell if you don’t).
We’ve got a pretty blockbuster lineup of jobs for you this week, so flip on the tube, dust off that VHS of “Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead” (or, fine, stream it like a modern couch potato) and peruse our list while you shun that sun.
Chariot Solutions — which would have made a killer name for those horse-drawn carriage repair shops of yore — is packed with some serious employee perks (and not of the bean bag/ping pong variety). In-house learning, paid paternity, maternity and family leave, and, as the recent recipient of The Philadelphia Inquirer’s 2019 Most Charitable Award — Volunteerism, a deep commitment to the community. Chariot could write a pretty good book on how to put people first. But don’t wait for it to come out, as we have no idea if it’s writing one. Just head here and check out it’s open job sitch (hint: devs are in demand).
If watching hours (and hours and hours) of “Law and Order” has taught us anything, it’s that lawyer-ing is demanding. But on Sept. 20, the Delaware Lawyers Assistance Program will launch a podcast called “A Lawyer’s Wellness,” to help ease the stress. Contact the org about openings (@ bottom of home page), or simply take inspiration from this creative approach toward strengthening the wellness of an industry in need.
And, if you’re interested in breaking into or making moves within the Philly startup scene, here’s a mid-year update on our 2019 realList featuring the top 10 startups ‘round town.
This week features some unique roles, so grab some popcorn because “the hills are alive” with the sound of cool jobs.
- Technical.ly — hey, that’s us — is looking for a confident leader to take on its Events Manager role, producing tech fan favorite, Philly Tech Week and a small events portfolio for our social impact news site Generocity.org.
- Deacom, located on a hilly campus in Chesterbrook, PA, that would make Maria Von Trapp break out into song is hiring a Software Quality Analyst.
- The Free Library of Philadelphia seeks a Tech Engagement Coordinator to work in its Paschalville Library in southwest Philly and others within the Free Library of Philadelphia system. Part-time position, eligible for full benefits.
- The Tactile Group is on the prowl for a Data Visualization Specialist to come aboard the software development agency “designed to give a damn.”
- Event tech company Splash is looking for a Creative Designer II who can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Tune in here for our regularly scheduled programming of dev roles:
- Civtech company Azavea is on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer.
- Chariot Solutions is lookin’ for lots ‘o devs, including Full Stack React Developers, Full Stack Angular Developers and Senior Java Developers.
Get all up in this biznaz:
- Wind power subscription service Inspire is looking for a Member Experience Specialist.
- Christiana Care of New Castle, Delaware is hiring a Director of Business Development Care Transitions.
Make it an experience:
- STRATIS IoT has its eye out for a Software UI/UX Developer with experience in mobile web and development, and a strong background in design.
- Fintech startup Perpay is on the prowl for a UX Engineer.
And for the remote crowd:
- Flocknote is looking for a Remote Web Developer with a passion for the Church. Again, just like Maria Von Trapp! It all comes back to “The Sound of Music” over here.
- Ascendle — a contract software engineering firm — is on the lookout for a Remote Senior Developer.
- Motiion seeks a Remote Software Engineer for its remote-only software company solving global food challenges.
As you become one with the AC this month, don’t forget that you can keep track of open jobs on our site just like you can watch Netflix — 24/7, baby.
See you next week!
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Fall patterns that go great with engineering roles
This Week in Jobs: Careers cooler than a Super Soaker
Simplify your job search at Super Meetup Delaware this Thursday
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
This Week in Jobs: Here’s an extra shot of jobs for ya
How do you create a job that doesn’t exist?
This Week in Jobs: Careers as hot as the midsummer sun
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware