(Technical.ly file image)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Act your age (re: things not to do)
Hey there, friends!
It’s your weekly job hunting pal here (or nag, depending on your feelings about finding a new job), reminding you to stop whatever you’re doing right now, refresh your coffee or grab a Fla-Vor Ice Pop (depending on how much you’d rather be a kid right now) and take a looksie at this week’s hottest tech jobs on the market.
Awww shoot, why did we bring up ice pops? Now we’re gonna need to go Slip ‘N Slide-ing.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is on the brink of a digital transformation and it’s on the hunt for technologists who are ready for an adventure. Not like a safari or a hiking adventure. More of an indoor, seated, digital adventure where you can create newsroom technology, platforms and products from scratch, and bring a legacy industry into the future. So, a mental adventure where you get to work comfortably in an air-conditioned environment. The best kind, really.
We’ve waited for a story like this since the 1993 classic, “The Sandlot.” And if you aren’t familiar with that good clean fun tale about a ragtag team of neighborhood kids that become baseball buddies, we will feel old. So just don’t tell us. Anyways, LeagueSide — a four-year-old adtech platform that helps youth sports leagues get regional and national sponsorships — has raised over $1.5 million so far and plans to hire eight more team members by the end of the year. Sure sounds like a home run for technologists who like sports! (Sorry.) Here’s the link to its career page.
Here are a few reasons why being a senior is great (and we ain’t talkin’ about the discounts):
- Guru is on the lookout for some seasoned talent in the form of a Senior Software Engineer, Back End.
- PromptWorks wants to get its hands on a Senior UX Designer, a Senior React Native Engineer and a Senior Software Engineer.
- Pinnacle 21 in Blue Bell is hiring a Senior Test Engineer.
Data scientists looking for their next science project:
- neoeyed is on the hunt for a 7+ Years Data Scientist for Next-Gen Authentication.
- On that note, Guru is also hiring for a Senior Data Scientist.
Oh hey, even more engineering roles:
- Penn Mutual is on the prowl for a Software Engineer — Java.
- Vanguard is looking for all kinds of engineers under the sun, like a Data Analytics AWS Engineer and a Cloud Engineer — Developer and also a Senior Front-End Engineer — CX Journey Lab. Oh, my!
- MedTrak, Ink is looking for a Python Developer.
If you’ve got your head in the clouds:
- Temenos AG is hiring a Cloud Security Architect.
Marketing folks, this way if you please:
And now for an “you don’t run across a job like this every day” alert:
- The Motley Fool is seeking a Content Lead to own The Blueprint’s — its new software and business-focused website — editorial strategy.
If you like to work with the TV on, you might want to go remote:
- Crossbeam is hiring a Remote Full-Stack Engineer.
- Rho AI is looking for a Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- Bear Group seeks a Remote Drupal Magento Developer.
If you’re looking to make some connections and more than a few job leads, get your booties to Technical.ly Super Meetup 2019. Delaware’s event is happening on Thursday, Aug. 1 in Wilmington (that’s in two days!), so don’t miss it — register here.
Well pals, that’s it for this week. If you make it to Friday unscathed, be sure to treat yourselves to something the kid in you really wants. Like a root beer float. Or a Super Soaker. Or maybe just a nap. Yep, there it is … that’s the ticket.
See you next week!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Please Do Not Touch Museum
The state wants to move unemployed Delawareans into high-demand jobs with this workforce dev program
This Week in Jobs: Take me out to the … never mind
This Week in Jobs: The dog days of summer job hunting
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware