Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
I’ll take a triple espresso.
One of the lesser discussed perks in life is finding the perfect coffee shop to work from when you need to get out of the office.
It’s that special place where no one judges you for eating a third muffin. Where the soft murmur of ’90s hits wraps itself around you like a weighted safety blanket. And it has that perfect corner where you can fade away into a supple leather armchair as if you didn’t just accidentally Slack the coworker you were talking smack about instead of your friend.
On the other hand, maybe you just need a new job. And, hey, guess what? That’s pretty much the only purpose of this newsletter. So read on, friends.
Linode Data Center Operations Manager Brett Kaplan just returned from a seven-month stint in Mumbai where he opened the open-source cloud hosting provider’s newest location. Other data center locations can be found from London to Tokyo, so if data and world culture is your jam, consider checking out Linode’s job openings.
Future Ms. President, right this way, please. Ready to Run Delaware is hosing nonpartisan political training for women interested in running for office. The program, held at Widener University Delaware Law School, is $100 and runs from Sept. 16 through Oct. 16.
You won’t need caffeine after you catch the natural buzz comin’ off these bad boys.
Like a mixed green salad of opportunity:
- IntegriChain is hiring a Data Engineer to join it in Ambler, PA.
- CBI Group is on the lookout for a Project Manager with experience in engineering or construction management.
- Clean energy provider Inspire is hiring a Member Experience Specialist.
Looking for the Steven Spielberg of systems engineering:
Senior year, baby!
- Global financial services firm Macquarie is looking to hire a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
- This just in: The Philadelphia Inquirer is hiring a Senior Product Manager — API and Data Products.
Guest list for an engineering party:
- Adtech startup Vistar Media seeks a Software Engineer.
- Accolade is on the hunt for a Software Engineering Lead who is intimately familiar with SaaS development practice.
- STRATIS IoT is hiring a Software Engineer — Mobile Developer.
- Blackfynn seeks a passionate Front-End Engineer who doesn’t sweat the small stuff to make an impact on the lives of people who struggle with neurologic conditions.
Work that pairs well with slippers:
- Software development company DjangoForce is eagerly looking for a Remote U.S.-based Vue.js Developer for a short-term project that starts immediately.
- Eagle Creek Software Services is hiring a Remote VLocity Developer.
- Tyndale Company is looking for a Database Administrator with experience in MS SQL and MY SQL.
See you IRL
A quick reminder that Super Meetup season is rapidly approaching! Be sure to sign up soon for the summer’s biggest celebration of the tech community. Register at the following links for Aug. 1 in Wilmington; Aug. 8 in Baltimore; and Aug. 22 in Philly. D.C.’s Super Meetup has been postponed until September, with more details to follow. See you there!
Thanks for joining us this week, folks! There are many, many more jobs up on our job board, which you can check out at your leisure, or in peak moments of stress — there’s no wrong time — right here.
See you next week, same place, same time.
Happy job hunting, friends.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Winner winner chicken dinner
On the Market: 5 tech jobs from 5 big Delaware companies
This Week in Jobs: Don’t labor too hard over this list of great gigs
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
This Week in Jobs: Fall patterns that go great with engineering roles
This Week in Jobs: Blockbuster-grade jobs in events, data viz and UX
This Week in Jobs: Careers cooler than a Super Soaker
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware