Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
It’s getting a wee bit toasty in the ol’ Delaware Valley, so if you haven’t already, now’s the time we all need to start kissing up to people who have pools.
Obviously becoming friends with a boat owner is the most ideal situation, but at this time of summer beggars can’t be choosers. Just do the best you can.
Once you’ve settled on a sunny seat in which to fry, take a look at this week’s lineup of the best jobs around Philly and Delaware.
Finally, a way to keep track of your bees! Geospatial technology company Azavea paired up with Penn State to create Beescape — a bee colony data entry platform used to produce actionable conservation science to benefit bees. Get the skinny on what else Azavea has whipped up in the name of civic and social impact by visiting its company page. Or, if you think the article above was the bees’ knees, go ahead and apply for this open DevOps Engineer position.
Looking to upgrade your coding skills or develop them from scratch? Delaware is bursting with resources for professionals in code-mode. Check out this list of classes, clubs and bootcamps ranging in price and intensity to find what works for you.
Global opportunity calls at financial services firm Macquarie. The Australian-based company has locations all over the world, including one at 2005 Market St. in Philly. The firm is a great place for technologists like Shaw Levin, who appreciate mobility and the opportunity to explore new cultures through the work they do. With that, we’ll just leave this Data Integration Engineer opening right here for ya.
Helpful tip: During these summer months, do not place a hot laptop directly on your lap while reading this list, the way a certain writer did while writing it. Sweat city.
Developers are in high demand …
- Four-time winner of Philadelphia Top Workplace, Chariot Solutions seeks multiple Full Stack React Developers AND Full Stack Angular Developers.
- Chain.io is looking for a Software Engineer to work on its microservices-based cloud integration platform.
- Accolade seeks a Software Engineer II.
… even to work remotely:
- The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy is hiring a Remote Lead Tax Model Platform Developer. In translation, a Senior Software Engineer who likes working from home/coffee shops.
- BlueModus is on the hunt for a Remote Senior Web Developer.
- Critical Mass is searching for a Remote Front End Developer.
Business peeps, check these babies out:
- The “artisans of ERP software” at Deacom in Chesterbrook are hiring a Consulting Services Specialist. And, quite frankly, a boatload of other great opps. Check ‘em all out here.
- Disruptor of the equipment leasing industry Odessa is looking for a Business Analyst — Bilingual (Spanish).
Marketing masters, pour vous:
- Fintech startup Perpay is searching for a Director of Marketing with experience operating across all channels of marketing.
- Global technology marketing company netCore Solutions is hiring a SaaS Account Executive — Email Marketing.
And for those professional bug-finders:
- Penn Mutual — a tech-forward insurance services firm — is on the prowl for a Quality Assurance Lead with oversight and direct testing responsibilities.
Meetups are a great way to grow your network and learn new skills. Be sure to regularly check meetup.com to see what new groups and events are around. Sign up for ones that will help you grow your knowledge in areas that will help you become a better candidate, like learning Angular or React. There are lots of these groups out there, and many will also be at Super Meetup, happening Aug. 1 in Wilmington and Aug. 22 in Philly. Come out and connect with them IRL!
Thanks for joining us, friends. May your week be productive, your job hunt fruitful and your sweat glands dry(ish).
See you next week. Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: A mountain of jobs
This Week in Jobs: We’re one wild turkey
This Week in Jobs: Give yourself a round of applause
Packed with growth opportunities, WSFS Bank moves into Philly
This Week in Jobs: Never too many carbs, never too many jobs
This Week in Jobs: Special Non-Engineering Role Edition
This Week in Jobs: Apply the Aniston Effect to your job hunt
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware