Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Look at me!
Hey, so this is weird.
Apple is adding a “FaceTime Attention Correction” update on its upcoming iOS 13 release. It basically forces unbroken eye contact during FaceTime calls, even if you’re not looking directly into the camera.
It could be cool. Who doesn’t love a staring contest?
On the other hand, if you’re planning on breaking up with your significant other over FaceTime sometime soon, either do it before September, or do it the right way and tell them in person.
In fact, that goes for everyone. Give people the respect they deserve and let ‘em look down at their shoes while you make them take part in one of your awkward conversations. It’s only right.
Guru is lookin’ to make some hires at its 121 S. Broad St. digs, truly one of the coolest offices on the block. The company builds a knowledge management tool based on the belief that the knowledge you need to do your job should find you. Maybe you could find yourself in one of these roles within the growing tech company?
Delawareans, did you know you’re leading in electric vehicle technology? Pretty, pretty good. Doesn’t hurt that one of your own, Willett Kempton, a professor at the University of Delaware’s College of Earth, Ocean and Environment, is a pioneer of V2G technology (vehicle to grid). With such huge leaps for technology happening at UD, perhaps looking at its list of career openings would bode well for your career trajectory.
Lots of variety in here today, folks. Don’t look away, look ‘em straight in the eye and go for it.
- Investment firm Vanguard is hiring a Data Analytics AWS Engineer.
- IntegriChain is hiring a Data Engineer to dive into its rich data warehouse.
Engineers with the skillz:
- Guru is on the lookout for a Software Engineer, Back-End.
- Chariot Solutions seeks Full Stack React Developers (plural!).
Not gonna lie, these two sound cool:
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is on the prowl for a Senior Product Designer — Story Experience and Engagement.
- The Curtis Institute of Music is on the lookout for an Academic Technology Specialist.
- Blackfynn — which is not the name of the villain fish in “Finding Nemo,” but should be — is looking for a Product Designer.
- Deacom is on the search for a Business Development Representative.
- P’unk Ave is hiring a Partnerships Coordinator to sweeten relationships with people that want to work with P’unk.
- WizeHive — which is not the name of a hive that houses elderly bees, but should be — is on the hunt for an Implementation Specialist (SaaS).
Home office people:
- Spire Systems is hiring a Remote Full Stack Developer.
- PNDLM is looking for a Remote Senior PHP React Developer.
- Skylight is ready to hire a Remote Software Engineer.
With the start of Tech Stacks Month here at Technical.ly, it’s a good time to reassess your skills and make sure you’re staying on top of industry trends. Check out this list of the top 10 in-demand programming languages and consider brushing up on them to make yourself as well-rounded a candidate as possible.
That’s all she wrote this week, friends. Keep in mind you can check out our jobs list right here, 24/7.
Happy job hunting!-30-
How do you create a job that doesn’t exist?
This Week in Jobs: Careers as hot as the midsummer sun
This Week in Jobs: Hot dogs and hot jobs
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
Congratulations, graduates. Now begin your lifetime of learning
On the Market: Check out these open tech jobs in Delaware
This Week in Jobs: Purrfect gigs for senior-level pros
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware