Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Because adulthood is hard and we all need a break, here are some pictures of cats basking in the warmth of a laptop keyboard.
Well, it’s either that they all love a cozy set of keys or a carefully calculated cat network designed to stop humans from getting work done. Honestly, both scenarios check out.
Now gently detach Garfield from your device and let’s get to the job hunt.
Trying to break into the tech industry without a relevant — or any — degree? You’re certainly not alone. Recognizing the amount of untapped local tech talent, Azavea, a civtech company in Philly’s Callowhill, created an apprenticeship program that helps people with nontraditional backgrounds develop the skills they need to get hired for a full time tech position. Learn more and get your tech on at the link above.
Learn a lil’ somethin’ somethin’ about how nonprofits can use census data to grow their impact, audience, fundraising and organizational efforts at the Tech in the Commons: Connect the Dots with Census Data session on Wednesday, June 26, from 5 to 7:30 p.m.. Get tickets here — only $5! — and think about how to leverage your new expertise into a new role.
Don’t settle until you find a role that makes you purr and want to stretch out all over it.
- Relay Network has got its eye out for a Senior Product Manager.
- Inspire is looking for a Product Manager — Sales Tools with a soft spot for salespeople.
- Accolade is on the prowl for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Fintech startup Perpay is seeking a Data Engineer.
- Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an entry level Digital Production Analyst with room for growth.
- Perpay is looking for a Director of Marketing.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer is searching for a Director of Digital Strategy to drive digital revenue growth.
- Linode seeks a Senior Software Engineer — Kubernetes.
- Macquarie is on the hunt for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer.
- Pinnacle 21 has an opening for a Senior Test Engineer.
- The Inky is hiring a Scrum Master who’s eager to have a direct hand in leading its digital transformation.
Roll straight outta bed into working one of these remote positions:
- A digital analytics agency is looking to hire a Social Media Advertising Specialist.
- DraftKings seeks a Senior Software Engineer R&D.
- Caktus Consulting Group is on the lookout for a Django Web Developer.
Thanks for joining us this week, friends. Don’t forget that you can check out the entire list of open opportunities whenever you want, day or night, 24/7, around the clock — you get the picture — at this link.
See you next week. Happy job hunting!-30-