(Photo by Pexels user JÉSHOOTS, used under a Creative Commons license)
The YWCA of Delaware will launch a partnership with Lyft on March 16, a new addition to its WAND —Wo(men) Achieving New Directions — program that will help ensure participants have reliable transportation to and from entrepreneurial and career readiness classes, workshops and counseling opportunities.
In the meantime, they need to get a fleet of drivers together. Interested? Sign up to attend one of two training sessions:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, from 11 a.m. to noon at YWCA Newark
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 5:45 to 7 p.m. at the Rt. 9 Library, New Castle
To be eligible, you must have:
- No DUIs
- No misdemeanors
- Valid driver’s license
- No overdue child support
- Four-door car that is year 2006 or newer and seats four passengers
- Must complete a vehicle inspection that covers mechanical and cosmetic condition
- Must have in-state insurance with your name on the policy
If you’re eligible but don’t have an eligible car, a rental option via Lyft is available.
This is a paid opportunity. Register here.
Reclaiming the hiring process might be the new/old business model to sustain local news
Miss Delaware USA 2019’s passion for tech and horticulture bloom together
Jobs are changing. So should the job interview
Pitch to speak at Comcast Labs Connect’s data security conference
To work as an artist, think like an entrepreneur
Using blockchain (and camping) to foster meaningful human contact
These two entrepreneurs are building a bunch of startups all at once
Did Technical.ly help you find a job or progress on your career path?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware