(Photo by Pexels user JÉSHOOTS, used under a Creative Commons license)
The YWCA of Delaware will launch a partnership with Lyft on March 16, a new addition to its WAND —Wo(men) Achieving New Directions — program that will help ensure participants have reliable transportation to and from entrepreneurial and career readiness classes, workshops and counseling opportunities.
In the meantime, they need to get a fleet of drivers together. Interested? Sign up to attend one of two training sessions:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, from 11 a.m. to noon at YWCA Newark
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, from 5:45 to 7 p.m. at the Rt. 9 Library, New Castle
To be eligible, you must have:
- No DUIs
- No misdemeanors
- Valid driver’s license
- No overdue child support
- Four-door car that is year 2006 or newer and seats four passengers
- Must complete a vehicle inspection that covers mechanical and cosmetic condition
- Must have in-state insurance with your name on the policy
If you’re eligible but don’t have an eligible car, a rental option via Lyft is available.
This is a paid opportunity. Register here.
WIN Factory: Know your worth and stop fighting for scraps
This Week in Jobs: Careers by land and space
Garry Johnson: Delaware business community, you’re officially on notice
This Week in Jobs: Feel the heat radiating off these career opportunities
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware