design by Flygirrl
Sometimes, you need to focus on good things.
Not all the time. Maybe not even most of the time, in times like these. But there are good things happening in Delaware. From growing startups to fintech opportunities to inspiring youth programs, Delaware has enough to be proud of to celebrate its innovation communities for a full week each autumn.
Delaware Innovation Week (#DIW18), in its 4th year, is our open calendar event celebrating tech, business, entrepreneurship, STEM, inclusion and education. This year, we’ve got 18 events, ranging from a youth robotics day at Kingswood Community Center to a futurist presentation on life extension at the University & Whist Club.
If you haven’t attended these two events before, here’s why you should start:
- Free workshops on cutting-edge programming languages
- Talks by top developers in Delaware, amazing networking opportunities
- The chance to interact with executive panelists from some of the area’s biggest companies, including Comcast, DuPont, Delmarva Power and M. Davis.
- Cabinet Secretary Cerron Cade of Delaware Department of Labor will be at our Biz Conference to offer advice on how to leverage the community for professional growth.
- Established events like Great Dames’ Remarkable Ideas Pitch Competition, Delaware BioBreakfast and Security BSides Delaware have DIW editions
- Tapp Network Presents: Women in Innovation & Technology Day is making its debut at DIW, with plans to become an annual event.
We don’t know what the future holds for Delaware, but chances are, you’ll meet some of the people who will help shape it this week.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @technicallyDE and use the hashtag #DIW18 to share comments and photos about the events.
Holly Quinn, Lead Reporter, Technical.ly Delaware, and the entire Technical.ly team.
These four teen entrepreneurs have one thing in common
At Women in Digital meetings, competition is checked at the door
4 cool tech projects underway at Christiana Care
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
What you’ll find at Security BSides Delaware, #DIW18’s last event of the year
The email chain of shame and 5 better ways to do business
Tackling these supply chain gaps could give your company a head start
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware