Delaware Innovation Week is nearly upon us, can you believe it?
This year, things are really starting out with a bang: DIW’s first ever Kickoff Party at Delaware College of Art and Design is happening Friday from 5 – 8 p.m.
And here’s why you may want to get there early: before the DIW18 Kickoff, Philly-based artist Henry Bermudez will be giving a free artist’s talk from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., in conjunction with his exhibition “Henry Bermudez in Black and White.”
The kickoff party will be on DCAD’s second floor. Down in the first-floor, at the Tatiana Copeland Student Center Gallery, you’ll also get to celebrate the November Art Loop, with the opening reception of the student-created, student-curated November Student Gallery Show.
What can you expect upstairs at the DIW18 Kickoff? Let’s break it down to the Top 10 reasons to join us:
1. It’s free! (with cash bar)
2. Cool Technical.ly and DIW18 swag!
3. Drive robots with Dover’s Razor Steel Robotics team!
4. Nab some free Danity Kane tickets at the Queen Wilmington Music Corner!
5. Play games designed by Momiji Studios!
6. Snag a DIW18 custom tee by Spaceboy Clothing!
7. Try out LED and 3D-printing gadgets by Barrel of Makers!
8. Meet the 2018 Remarkable Ideas Pitch Competition finalists!
9. Get fresh, free headshots and a chance to win event tickets and business services from Great Dames!
10. Check out our exhibitors, including Christiana Care, IN Wilmington, Family Promise of Northern New Castle County and Connecting Generations!
None of these cool things would happen without our sponsors: Christiana Care, Buccini Pollin Group, 1313 Innovation, Dual School, CSC, IncNow, Barnes & Thornburg, Archer Group, M&T Bank, and Saul Ewing.
This Week in Jobs: The Mardi Gras of job fairs
Newark’s Gore is one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For — again
Exclusive: Theatre N is getting a high-tech makeover
Ed Breen reappointed as DuPont CEO amid leadership shakeup
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware