(Photo by Dominique Nichole)
Four years ago, the team at Technical.ly was just beginning to explain what an inclusive calendar of events meant and how it could benefit a community. Each year the week has grown as we approach a five year anniversary, it’s important to continue thinking about how we can grow the week and its reach.
So the important question is, how do you get involved?
The answer? There’s SO many ways, but there IS something for everyone. In no particular order, here are our inside tips to being present across Delaware Innovation Week and having yourself, your network and your organization accounted for.
- There’s not much to explain here: Keep an eye on the DIW calendar as events begin to get posted and show up to network! Most of the events throughout the week are free to attend.
- Last year we had 23 events as a part of the community calendar and we’re looking to grow that number.
- Specifically, we’re looking for an organization to apply to host the official Kickoff and Closing event as we at Technical.ly focus solely on our Business and Dev Conferences
- Remember, it’s not Wilmington Innovation Week: How can we help our Southern counties get involved and organizing events?
- What’s the next step? Check out the DIW18 Events Organizer Guide and submit your event here.
- We’re a small – but mighty – team so we always appreciate some extra hands at our events for setup, registration and more.
- Plus, it’s a great way to get some involvement at the event if you’re a bit more on the shy side when it comes to networking.
- What’s the next step? Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
- Our editorial coverage provides the Events Team with great insight into who’s doing what within the community, but we don’t know everyone.
- Think you have something important to say or share? Apply to speak at one of the events across the week!
- Specifically, we’re looking for some experts in the following areas:
- Growing your career
- Product launches
- Starting a business
- Machine learning
- Cloud technologies
- What’s the next step? Fill out the Speaker Interest Form.
(Pro Tip: It doesn’t hurt to be specific, the more detail you can give, the easier we can see if you’re a match for what we’re looking for! Feel free to list more than one topic you’d be comfortable speaking on and why you’re the right person to do so!)
- Don’t have time to organize an event, but have space to offer up? Then tell us more about your space and what types of events you’re interested and able to host.
- What’s the next step? Fill out the Venue Interest Form (Be sure to let us know specific details like location, capacity and A/V capabilities. If it’s our team or a community organizer looking for space, we will be sure to pass along the information.)
- One of the best ways to get visibility across the week is through sponsorship and there’s a variety of levels to help suit your budget requirements.
- Some of the benefits of sponsorship (beyond logo recognition) are guaranteed speaking roles, exhibitor tables, free job posts on our Jobs Board and more.
- We know we’re biased, but our Business Team is also great at working with you to customize packages that suit your needs best.
- What’s the next step? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a discovery call and learn more.
- Help us spread the word! The more people that know about Delaware Innovation Week, the more successful it can be and the more recognition it will garner of the vibrant community in Delaware.
- The hashtag for the week is #DIW18
- Tell your friends, your colleagues, your family, your network and more.
- What’s the next step? Send this article to someone who might want to get connected to technology through Delaware Innovation Week.
Have questions or looking to chat more about Delaware Innovation Week 2018? Join us on Sept 6th for our Slack Chat from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and ask questions, share updates on your involvement and get excited! Join our Slack here and join the #delaware channel.-30-
Delaware’s Labor Secretary wants to invest in transit, talent and ‘seeds’
Want to exhibit at the #DIW18 Kickoff Party? M&T Bank is giving away two tables for free
Delaware Innovation Week 2018 is coming: What’s happening and how you can get involved
Apply to demo (and other fun ways to get involved with #DIW17)
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware