(Photo by Flickr user TCDavis, used under a Creative Commons license)
The Firefly Music Festival returns to The Woodlands in Dover this week, bringing Eminem, The Killers, and tens of thousands of people to Delaware.
It’s easy to get a case of FOMO as your social media feed fills up with Firefly updates, but there’s plenty to do in Wilmington this weekend if you’re passing on the East Coast’s biggest music and camping festival.
- Delaware’s original nationally-known music festival celebrates it’s 30th anniversary this year, and it kicks off Sunday, June 17 at 7 p.m. with “The Best of Duke Ellington’s Sacred Concerts” at The Episcopal Church of Saints Andrew and Matthew. The festival will span next week, with the Rodney Square Main Stage events starting Wednesday, June 20. This year’s artists include Brian McKnight, Arturo Sandoval and The Lao Tizer Band. As always, Clifford Brown Jazz Festival events are free.
- The Arden Shakespeare Gild presents Twelfth Night at the outdoor Field Theater, Thursdays to Sundays through June 23.
- The eight-day cultural celebration with a side of carnival attractions runs nightly through Sunday, June 17, when it finishes with the Procession of Saints through Little Italy at 2 p.m., followed by one last evening of food & drink, music and rides.
- While they’re out camping at The Woodlands, you could be brunching with Mimi Imfurst and friends at The Queen. The popular drag show starts at 12 p.m. on Sunday, June 17, and happens every Sunday through July.
- Rockwood Park & Museum is considered to be one of the nation’s paranormal hotspots, at least to believers. The mansion, better known locally as the backdrop for the Ice Cream Festival and DelShakes, has appeared on TV’s Ghost Hunters, and is a popular haunted destination around Halloween. This summer, there will be monthly “Paranormal Investigation” tours that will enter the attic and basement of the mansion complete with investigative equipment. The June tour is on Saturday the 16th.
The Ladybug Festival, which originated as an alternative to Firefly for locals and now draws artists and fans from all over, will be held July 20–21 this year in Downtown Wilmington, and, for the first time, in Milford on Sept. 22.
Super Meetup is happening at DECO on Thursday, Aug. 1
Work in comms? Here’s an unconventional networking opportunity
The Millennial Summit expands with Entrepreneurship Day
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
Firefly is selling a break from reality
From insecurity to insight at this entrepreneur’s first tech showcase
Super Meetup is coming back to Wilmington on August 1
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware