(Photo by Flickr user MyBnk, used under a Creative Commons license)
The Tapp Social Summit, presented by The Tapp Network and The Mill, is similar to the monthly Tapp Socials, but bigger, covering more ground for nonprofits, their corporate partners and other purpose-driven organizations — and it’s all free.
This year, the summit will be held at Theatre N/The Mill Auditorium on June 19 from 1:00–5:30 p.m., followed by a happy hour at The Mill.
The event has drawn national, regional and local speakers, including:
- Dr. Janet Taylor, national health and wellness activist and contributor to Good Morning America and The Today Show.
- Sam Chenkin, director of consulting services for Tech Impact
- Sherita Jackson, author of Thoughts of a Butterfly: Unspoken Feelings and 2017 New York Book Festival award winner
- Jerry Valentine, chairman of the Delaware Tobacco Prevention Commission
- John Cawley, founder of InspyrGear
- Sal Gonzales of Wounded Warrior, formerly featured on America’s Got Talent
“Wilmington is fast becoming the East Coast’s technology hub for community innovation,” said Joe DiGiovanni, cofounder and CEO of Tapp Network. “A year ago, we decided that the region’s nonprofits and their corporate sponsors needed an event where they could come together, share ideas around technology and innovation and leave with the willingness to create an impact in their communities. This time, we widened the footprint to a national level, so more people and organizations can participate.”
Sponsors include Temple University’s Fox School of Business and Philly’s Your Part Time Controller.
You’re going to want to snag your tickets for this free event as soon as possible, before they’re gone.-30-
5 questions with prison reform activist Rachelle Wilson
Delaware Criminal Justice Council is accepting apps for $200K+ in funding
Y Innovations is ready to show off its first natural house
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
Family Promise celebrated the holidays with a new Hospitality Center
The Beau Biden Foundation launches new site, ecommerce store
SummerCollab wins national award from Ascena Foundation
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware