(Photo by Objective Photography)
So many jobs up for grabs at this year’s NET/WORK Delaware, the area’s largest, realest, dare we say bestest career fair.
It’s Thursday, March 8, from 5–8 p.m. at CSC. You should come!
But it’s so much more than just a job fair. Let us count the ways:
- Get your resume reviewed on the spot to get your paper profile as tight as your handshake.
- Professional headshots so you can scrap that weak selfie you took in front of a graffiti wall (nice try, though!)
- Professional workshops lead by leaders at CSC to enhance your chances of landing that gig you’ve always wanted.
- Happy hour to close out the night for you to have the opportunity to wind down and network with attendees and hiring companies over some drinks and appetizers.
So, bottom line, for a few bucks, you get professional development opportunities, the chance to meet top employers and the people who make the hiring decisions.
You’ll save a lot of time since there will be no need to draft a customized personal statement for each company you visit: You’ll be able to tell them why you wish to work for them, and you’ll have the chance to sell your (wonderful) self.
Our exhibitors send their managers to carry out on-site interviews. Don’t wait for someone to call you for an interview. Get your ticket for NET/WORK Delaware and give off a first impression that will make for a lasting career.
Enough chit chat. Here’s who will be there:
- The Archer Group
- JPMorgan Chase
- Open Energy Efficiency
- Pango Financial
- Tech Impact
- Zip Code Wilmington
After sending out a survey to our hiring companies, this is what you really need to know:
The hiring companies run the gamut, sector-wise.
- From blockchain and data analytics to energy efficiency, we’ve got you covered. Not to mention, we also have financial services as well as education companies.
Technical and non-technical roles are up for grabs.
- There’s a lot of developer gigs here but it’s not just technical roles. Surveyed exhibitors say they’re also hiring for project management and operations roles, marketing and social.
What’s the average salary range for these open positions?
- The bulk of them range from $51,000 to $80,000, but a few range from $80,000–$120,000. 💰💰💰
Even if you’re not sure if you are actually looking for a new job, Thursday’s event is the place for you to start those connections for future employment. There is no shame in being a “passive” job seeker.
Want to know more about what the hiring companies are looking for and how to prepare? Check out the full survey data here.
See you Thursday, smart people!
Rory Laitila to give Web Dev Talk at The Mill
Photos from NET/WORK Delaware 2018
Happy hour. Thursday. Technical.ly members get in free
10 Delaware brands totally crushing it on social media
International Women’s Day is March 8: Here’s a roundup of what’s going on
Great Dames returns with two-part series featuring ‘firestarters’
UDairy Creamery engages Wilmington community with a mic
13 innovative technologies being developed in Delaware
Sign-up for regular updates from Technical.ly