(Image by Jeanette Lloyd)
Wow, we’re approaching the third annual Delaware Innovation Week and it never fails to impress me.
I’ve been a part of DIW for three years now. One year as the Events team intern, helping where I could, and last year as a full-timer working closely with Delaware’s community of event producers. This will be my third year organizing and first year producing Technical.ly’s Delaware Innovation Awards.
Many people still feel intimidated by DIW events. Sure, you might not enjoy Dev Talks unless you’re an experienced developer, but this is one of the most inclusive and welcoming communities I’ve ever personally been a part of. It’ll cost you nothing (tickets are free) to find this out for yourself, thanks to our generous #DIW17 sponsors.
Still not sure? While Delaware Innovation Week consists of over 20 events (and I’m confident there’s something for everyone), the annual Innovation Celebration is the best place to be, regardless of why you want to check it out. It’s our biggest event of the week and one that pulls together our six tracks: Business, Dev, Sciences, Media and Marketing, Access and Civic.
It’s on Thursday, Nov. 9, from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 now or $30 at the door.
Interested in meeting some cool people?
- There will be more than 100 attendees.
- Delaware Innovation Week’s partners and community organizers will be there. These are some impressive individuals and organizations that you’ll want to know. See our full partner list here.
- Competitors from the HipHoponomics rap competition will be there showing off their econ rhyming skills. It ain’t easy — check out this example of a rap about an economics topic by Delaware’s own MC Greg Caskey.
Looking for jobs, partnerships and networking opportunities?
- Microsoft, Blackrock, JPMorgan, First State Innovation and Chatham will all be there looking to meet talent.
- Check out the beautiful new phase of The Mill before anyone else.
- Did I mention there will be over 100 of the coolest local and most engaged people there?
Want to bring out your inner kid?
Just want to party? (Same, tbh.)
- We’re crowdsourcing the playlist of songs for the night right here and there’s always dancing by the end of the night — the Technical.ly crew lives for it. Add your jams to #thepeoplesplaylist.
- Grab a beer straight from The Mill’s tap. Of course they pour Dogfish Head — yum.
- On top of some delicious food and drinks from our fabulous caterer, Caffe Gelato, get some free snacks from Kind and stay hydrated all night with Sparkling Ice.
There are a few more surprises in store, but we hope you’ll join us in celebrating on Thursday, Nov. 9, at the #DIW17 Innovation Celebration!-30-
Open Play Game Night is coming to Wilmington on March 14
Tech Forum launches a rebrand and new event model for 2020
On nurturing Delaware’s creative economy
Will Punkin Chunkin return to Delaware?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware