(Photo by Flickr user Brainstorm Health, used under a Creative Commons license)
Biden’s back (again), baby. Former VP Joe Biden is scheduled to host a panel called “Choosing a Future of Quality Jobs” on Thursday, Sept. 19 at the University of Delaware’s Mitchell Hall from 4:00–5:30 p.m.
Biden, a UD alum, celebrated the launch of the Biden Institute in April. The Biden Institute, which is the force behind the panel, is a research and policy center at the University of Delaware’s School of Public Policy and Administration, with a focus on economic opportunity and social justice.
Additional panelists will include:
- Byron Auguste, President and Cofounder, Opportunity@Work, former National Economic Council Advisor
- Elaine Chao, U.S. Secretary of Transportation, former U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Mary Kay Henry, President, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Penny Pritzker, Chairman, PSP Capital Partners, and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO, MGM Resorts International
This is a free event with Joe Frickin’ Biden so you better hurry up and register. And hey, the topic also sounds interesting:
Automation and other transformations in our economy are spurring fears regarding widespread job loss and further hollowing-out of the middle class. But, we can also seize the opportunities presented by these changes in order to build a stronger economy and a more successful workforce.