(Photo by Ben Fournier)
- East Coast ReBoot at Wilmington University (Nov. 11 – 13, various times): This conference invites you to “reboot your creative genius.” It’s a chance to get all those ideas out of your head and into practice. The idea is to channel creativity into technology.
- Startup Weekend Delaware at Venture Development Center (Nov. 11 – 13, various times): Sixty seconds to pitch and 54 hours of code, this conference will put your startup ideas to the test. The first night will include pitching, while the rest of the weekend will be reserved for creating.
- Dev Intro Workshops at Delaware Technical Community College’s Wilmington Campus (Nov. 15, 8:3 0a.m. – noon): This is where you can beef up your dev skills. Just show up with a “fully-charged laptop,” breakfast will be provided.
- Dev Talks at Delaware Technical Community College’s Wilmington Campus (Nov. 15, noon – 4:30 p.m.): Here’s where over 10 experts will drop some knowledge. There will be lightening presentations and longer talks, make sure to take notes.
- Dev Happy Hour at Merchant Bar (Nov. 15, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.): Ah, you can finally relax here. Bring some business cards. You can talk to the people you didn’t get the chance to talk to earlier. This is where your notes will come in handy, they could make for great ice breakers.
- Tech2gether at World Cafe Live at the Queen (Nov. 16, 10 a.m.): Here’s a quick recap of everything you need to know about this event. It’s a great catalyst for breaking into the tech community and will include a panel of founders, along with a student pitch contest.
- #DIW16 Innovation Celebration at 1313 Innovation (Nov. 18, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.): Here’s one more more chance to do final networking, exchange contact info and lock in those new relationships. This would be the time to reflect on the week, talk about future projects and hand out friendship bracelets … I mean, more business cards.
Projects: Delaware Innovation Week
How the ‘Blockchain Czarina’ became a networking app founder
Work in comms? Here’s an unconventional networking opportunity
The Millennial Summit expands with Entrepreneurship Day
Mastering the ‘halo effect’ in tech recruiting
How to join a community of changemaking women
The power of networks for inspiring innovation
Wanna do some future-gazing inside a 200-year-old castle?
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware