(Photo by Ben Fournier)
College students, as Delaware Innovation Week 2016 presented by 1313 Innovation descends upon us, more events are being added to the calendar each day. Feeling lost? Well, not to worry. We’ve put together this handy guide to help you navigate the weeklong celebration of technology and innovation in the First State.
Here’s what we’ve got:
- Events that are close to college campuses
- Events that are free
- Events that are so thought-provoking they will help you put what you learned in school into perspective
- Events that are downright fun
Ready? Let’s do this
1. On or near a college campus:
- Nov. 11-13, 6:30 p.m., Startup Weekend Delaware at Venture Development Center
- Nov. 14, 8 a.m., Ninth Annual Conference on Education at Clayton Hall Conference Center
- Nov. 15, 8:30 a.m., Dev Intro Workshops* at Delaware Technical Community College (Wilmington Campus)
- Nov. 17, 9 a.m, 26th Annual Entrepreneurial & Business Women’s Expo at Chase Center on the Riverfront
- Nov. 15, 12 p.m., Dev Talks* at Delaware Technical Community College (Wilmington Campus)
2. Free (or close to it):
- Nov. 11-12, Free 2-Day Small Business Owner’s Boot Camp at Emerging Enterprise Center
- Nov. 15, 5 p.m., Dev Happy Hour at Merchant Bar
- Nov. 17, 6 p.m., Delaware Startup Launchpad “Lessons Learned” & DE Tech Meetup at The coIN Loft at Start It Up Delaware
3. Thought provoking:
- Nov. 11, 5 p.m., Change the Gamification? Happy Hour and Conversation with Karl Kapp at 1313 Innovation
- Nov. 16, 5:30 p.m., Tech In Delaware: Where Are We Going? at World Cafe Live at the Queen
4. Downright fun:
- Nov. 18, 5 p.m., #DIW16 Innovation Celebration* at 1313 Innovation
- This is our closing party, where you network with leaders of the Delaware tech scene and other cool people. Be sure to bring some business cards.
- Nov. 16, 10:00 a.m., Tech2gether at World Cafe Live at the Queen
- This event will feature a pitching competition and while the applications to present are closed, it will be worthwhile to attend to learn from those who have been there. It can help you prepare for next year’s pitch competition.
Feeling lucky? Sign up for our newsletter here for the chance to win free tickets to some of the events we just told you about (the ones with the * by them).
Already get the Delaware newsletter? Sign up for our national newsletter, which sends news from across Technical.ly’s five Northeast markets. Just be sure to enter the highlighted code above such as “Dev Workshops” or “Dev Talks” or “Innovation Celebration” to designate the event you’re interested in attending.
Open Play Game Night is coming to Wilmington on March 14
Tech Forum launches a rebrand and new event model for 2020
On nurturing Delaware’s creative economy
Will Punkin Chunkin return to Delaware?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware