(Photo by Brian James Kirk)
The goal: Bring together the many strong, existing corners of the Delaware technology and creative communities for a dense collection of events across one week, and let’s make as much noise as possible. Everyone. Together.
Lots more information will follow, so sign up for the mailing list here, follow @Dinnovationweek on Twitter and our Facebook page here. Fortunately we already have a slew of partner events to make the week first-class, but we want you to get involved, too!
Consider this an invitation to First State meetup groups, communities, associations, organizations and businesses to get involved.
Get together, host an event, launch a product or otherwise celebrate Delaware for all its innovation.
This will start in the technology community but it shouldn’t end there: science, arts, education, development and every other pocket of doers changing how Delaware is being seen.
Though we expect many, many more partners to come, here are some anchor events already on the docket:
- Professional futurist, Jim Lee of StratFI, will share insights on why personal reinvention is becoming an essential skill for today’s world at Cocktails & Trends on Nov. 10, from 7-9 p.m. at the historic Grand Opera House.
- The Emerging Enterprise Center is generously offering a Free 2-Day Small Business Owner’s Boot Camp on Nov. 10-11, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at its HQ.
- The 26th Annual Entrepreneurial & Business Women’s Expo will be held at Chase Center on the Riverfront hosted by the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce on Nov. 17, from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Technical.ly Delaware will host a kickoff event, bring in new partners, hope to welcome new media attention, try to keep the madness organized and serve as overall point guard.
- Young Conaway will host our Business Conference featuring Technical.ly Introduced: A Curated B2B Event that sets up small companies to meet one-on-one with some of the most talked-about companies in the Delaware region on Nov. 14 from 5-7 p.m.
- The Dev Conference, produced by Technical.ly, is happening at DTCC on Nov. 15, from 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. The event will provide opportunities for beginner and experienced developers alike with workshops, talks and a closing happy hour!
How can I get involved?
There are a variety of ways to get involved in Delaware Innovation Week! Check out your options below:
- Organize an event! Delaware Innovation Week wouldn’t exist without the participation from our community organizers. Check out our Event Organizer Guide for more information on hosting an event during the week.
- Want your company to have serious visibility? We have sponsorship opportunities available throughout the week. Check out our Media Kit for more information. Additionally, you can provide in-kind services like hosting an event or providing food or beverages for a program.
- Interested in speaking? Fill out our Speaker Interest Form.
- Want to show off your app/product/company? Tell us about yourself and apply to demo at our Innovation Awards Celebration on the evening of Nov. 18.
- Just looking to help out? We always need volunteers at our events. Fill out this brief form and we’ll contact you with opportunities as the week gets closer.
- Attend! Don’t forget to mark your calendars, we’re less than 2 months away from kicking it off! It’s Nov. 11-19, 2016.
Make sure to keep the conversation going!
Can’t wait? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started and get your event listed on the community calendar.-30-
Great Dames to spotlight men who advocate for women
Big business and nonprofits are partnering for this policy and advocacy roundtable
Learn sales tactics and social media at Emerging Enterprise Center’s upcoming workshops
Mastering the ‘halo effect’ in tech recruiting
You’re invited to celebrate the Philly region’s Inc. 5000 honorees on Sept. 11
Need help with your elevator pitch? The ‘Pitch Doctor’ is coming to The Mill
The Grand’s new series is all talk
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware