(Photo by Lindsay Podraza)
After the amazing success of last year’s inaugural Delaware Innovation Week one thing is a definite. The team at Technical.ly is more than eager to begin planning this year’s weeklong celebration of innovation and technology.
To kick off the preparation for #DIW16 we’re inviting you all to Help Plan Delaware Innovation Week 2016 on Thursday, June 16 at The Mill. What is it? A community brainstorming session with the power to shape the week. (For example, here’s info on Help Plan Philly Tech Week 2016 and the real-life events that came out of it.)
RSVP right here:
Ask yourself this:
- Have you been mulling over an event idea and are just lacking the partners to pull it off?
- Do you have the team, but lack an original idea?
- Would you like to see more of a certain type of event? (STEM, community arts, civic engagement, etc.)
- Are you looking for a better understanding of what Delaware Innovation Week is?
- Do you want an opportunity to learn from the leaders of Delaware’s tech community?
If any of these apply to you, we’ll see you there!
This is how the event normally flows:
- Gather at the gorgeous new space that is The Mill, be happy and network.
- Get the scoop from Technical.ly’s events team on what events we already have brewing.
- Break into seven groups based on our editorial tracks (psst, there’s a new one) and brainstorm ideas for community events and #DIW16 overall. Each group will have a discussion leader to take notes and guide the smaller conversations.
- Convene in the main area and share each group’s ideas. There will be two separate breakout sessions, so you’ll have a chance to switch to another track if you’re interested in more than one.
Here’s what you have to choose from:
Whoops, almost forgot to mention there will be free food and beer.
Join us as we put our minds together to make Delaware Innovation Week 2016 bigger and better than last year!-30-
5 of the biggest moments for the Delaware tech scene in 2016
10 moments to remember from Delaware Innovation Week 2016
At Tech2gether, this undergrad pitched to his biggest audience yet
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
NYC social monetization startup Veepio now has a Delaware footprint
Here are the winners of the 2016 Delaware Innovation Awards
History has ‘not told the complete story of all scientists’: Leaders talk equality in STEM
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware