(Photo by Flicker user _J_D_R_, used under a Creative Commons license)
Attention, Delaware entrepreneurs: You too could be on your way to a million dollars with the One Million by One Million (1M/1M) initiative.
The Delaware Economic Development Office (DEDO) is partnering with 1M/1M so that 10 local small businesses can participate in the global virtual accelerator. 1M/1M’s mission is to help a million entrepreneurs worldwide reach $1 million in annual revenue and, in effect, create $1 trillion in global GDP and 10 million jobs, all by 2020.
DEDO has chosen the first three Delaware entrepreneurs, and they are:
1. Michael Niman — Thank Tank, LLC
- Thank Tank is a web application that allows users to customize thank-you notes and other communication with donors.
2. Jelani McCoy — Watchful Eye Security, LLC
- Watchful Eye Security is a real-time response system that sends alerts, GPS locations, live video feeds and DVR images to first responders from ATM-robbery victims.
3. Matthew Meyer — VituMob, LLC
- VituMob is an ecommerce home-delivery service that sends products from American retailers to East Africa.
Thank Tank, Watchful Eye Security and VituMob will receive a year’s worth of mentorship, online education, access to private roundtable brainstorming and consultation with 1M/1M founder Sramana Mitra. DEDO is covering the $1,000 membership fee for the entrepreneurs and is in the process of selecting seven more, on a rolling basis, for the program.
The next round of applications are due by Jan. 9.
Homeownership program aims to keep college grads in Delaware
The EDGE Grant, explained
Capital One unveils coworking-esque downtown offices
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
Take a stroll down memory lane (on the Wilmington Riverfront)
There’s a construction boom happening in the Cape Region
#ItsTimeWilmDE campaign spotlights a diverse style of urban revitalization
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware