(Photo by Flicker user _J_D_R_, used under a Creative Commons license)
Attention, Delaware entrepreneurs: You too could be on your way to a million dollars with the One Million by One Million (1M/1M) initiative.
The Delaware Economic Development Office (DEDO) is partnering with 1M/1M so that 10 local small businesses can participate in the global virtual accelerator. 1M/1M’s mission is to help a million entrepreneurs worldwide reach $1 million in annual revenue and, in effect, create $1 trillion in global GDP and 10 million jobs, all by 2020.
DEDO has chosen the first three Delaware entrepreneurs, and they are:
1. Michael Niman — Thank Tank, LLC
- Thank Tank is a web application that allows users to customize thank-you notes and other communication with donors.
2. Jelani McCoy — Watchful Eye Security, LLC
- Watchful Eye Security is a real-time response system that sends alerts, GPS locations, live video feeds and DVR images to first responders from ATM-robbery victims.
3. Matthew Meyer — VituMob, LLC
- VituMob is an ecommerce home-delivery service that sends products from American retailers to East Africa.
Thank Tank, Watchful Eye Security and VituMob will receive a year’s worth of mentorship, online education, access to private roundtable brainstorming and consultation with 1M/1M founder Sramana Mitra. DEDO is covering the $1,000 membership fee for the entrepreneurs and is in the process of selecting seven more, on a rolling basis, for the program.
The next round of applications are due by Jan. 9.
This fintech app serves Gen Z on their own terms
Delaware Biz Roundtable analysis: Slow permit approvals hinder economic development
10 things that didn’t exist in Delaware before 2019
Packed with growth opportunities, WSFS Bank moves into Philly
Delaware enters economic development partnership with North East England
Help create a master plan for the Route 202 corridor
The SBA is helping Delaware companies defray the costs of doing business internationally
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware