(Photo by Flicker user _J_D_R_, used under a Creative Commons license)
Attention, Delaware entrepreneurs: You too could be on your way to a million dollars with the One Million by One Million (1M/1M) initiative.
The Delaware Economic Development Office (DEDO) is partnering with 1M/1M so that 10 local small businesses can participate in the global virtual accelerator. 1M/1M’s mission is to help a million entrepreneurs worldwide reach $1 million in annual revenue and, in effect, create $1 trillion in global GDP and 10 million jobs, all by 2020.
DEDO has chosen the first three Delaware entrepreneurs, and they are:
1. Michael Niman — Thank Tank, LLC
- Thank Tank is a web application that allows users to customize thank-you notes and other communication with donors.
2. Jelani McCoy — Watchful Eye Security, LLC
- Watchful Eye Security is a real-time response system that sends alerts, GPS locations, live video feeds and DVR images to first responders from ATM-robbery victims.
3. Matthew Meyer — VituMob, LLC
- VituMob is an ecommerce home-delivery service that sends products from American retailers to East Africa.
Thank Tank, Watchful Eye Security and VituMob will receive a year’s worth of mentorship, online education, access to private roundtable brainstorming and consultation with 1M/1M founder Sramana Mitra. DEDO is covering the $1,000 membership fee for the entrepreneurs and is in the process of selecting seven more, on a rolling basis, for the program.
The next round of applications are due by Jan. 9.